Unable to change page title

coolc2020
3 0 0

On my site, I have the preferences set to the store name. I even checked the edit seo section for some of my pages to verify that it showed what I want the page title to be. Yet, on all of my pages, the tab simply shows (1). That's it and I am at a loss as to how to fix it. My site is higherclasselegance.com

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
coolc2020
3 0 0

I figured out part of the problem. There was no title listed in the liquid theme. I took care of that, but I still need to get rid of the (1).

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10037 119 1872

As an aside, you're loading a lot of content on the home page which makes the sheer volume of HTML quite large. You might find it impacts your speed rankings so expect that you'll tone that down a little bit over time.

As for the (1), that's being added by the chat widget in the corner after the page has loaded. Is the (1) showing actually causing issues or showing in search engines?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
coolc2020
3 0 0

The chat widget is from Shopify. Should I remove it? Also, should I just revert back to a free theme since it had more content and more speed?

0 Likes