Solved

Unable to connect my domain with Shopify store

rohitpatil
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi I am trying to connect a domain with my shopify store but the error shows A store with that domain name already exists. my store details are anrostore.myshopify.com and domain is worldofhandicrafts.com

Accepted Solutions (2)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @rohitpatil!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your domain. Is this a third party domain? Did you have this domain connected to an older Shopify store of yours? 

If it is a third party domain, I will need you to log into your domain provider and send me a screenshot of the interface/control panel of the third party domain which must show the domain name and the name of the account owner logged in. Something like this is sufficient: 

20-05-wt4zb-l9kzw

Please pass this on as soon as you can and I can take a closer look for you.

Thank you,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

View solution in original post

Verdant-Spark
Shopify Partner
99 8 32

That domain has no A records and no CNAME records in its DNS, so nothing will be found. You'll need to login to your domain DNS management tools and follow their guides on how to set the A record and CNAME to those required for Shopify.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @rohitpatil!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your domain. Is this a third party domain? Did you have this domain connected to an older Shopify store of yours? 

If it is a third party domain, I will need you to log into your domain provider and send me a screenshot of the interface/control panel of the third party domain which must show the domain name and the name of the account owner logged in. Something like this is sufficient: 

20-05-wt4zb-l9kzw

Please pass this on as soon as you can and I can take a closer look for you.

Thank you,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

SydnyJones
Tourist
8 0 1
Hi my domain is not accessible and I have tried all means to retrieve but still can’t. I need help to fix this problem ASAP. Thanks
Verdant-Spark
Shopify Partner
99 8 32

It might help if you share the domain you're trying to attach to your store...

ryant12
Visitor
3 0 0

hey im having this problem now, can i send you a screen shot of my godaddy account

Verdant-Spark
Shopify Partner
99 8 32

That domain has no A records and no CNAME records in its DNS, so nothing will be found. You'll need to login to your domain DNS management tools and follow their guides on how to set the A record and CNAME to those required for Shopify.

lazywindow
Visitor
1 0 0

I have same issue with my store "A store with that domain name already exists" so please help us to connect my domain to shopify store.

domain name (www.lazywindow.com) store name (Lazywindow shopping)

vghfj.jpg

Verdant-Spark
Shopify Partner
99 8 32

Looks like that domain is connected to your store - did you manage to sort it out yourself?