Unique image for each product

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

I want to put sizing chart image for my products (unique for each), but I don't want it to be within the slideshow, I want it to be like a modal and pops up when a user clicks on "view sizing chart". I also code so if there's a workaround, let me know. I thought of using the alt text of the image to uniquely identify, like when it's "sizing-chart", show the image inside the modal and don't show it within the slideshow. Is there any other way? Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
168 27 22

Hello, @cedrichadjian.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

It is possible to code a size chart; however, this will be more difficult as the product template will apply to all of your products. Some stores use the product description field to include the size chart as well. For a nice looking pop-up size chart, I recommend using a third-party app as they can seamlessly integrate into any theme without requiring any advanced coding. I’ve handpicked a couple for you to try:

• Size Matters - this app is completely free and provides a pop-up for the size chart.
  • Kiwi Size Chart & Recommender - this app offers an in-depth size chart and can help recommend sizes for your customers. 

If you need assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page.

Let me know if this provides a couple of options for you. If you have any other questions regarding size charts, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi Elias, thank you for your reply.

I actually did it through alt-text of the image and put a condition unless (for carousal) and if (for sizing chart display) image.alt.text == "sizing-chart". :) 

I avoid using third-party apps as these apps take unnecessary space on the website.

1 Like