Solved

Unique sections for blog posts/articles

ProfessionalNub
Shopify Partner
101 13 30

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if it's possible to have unique sections for different blog posts or articles and how it can be achieved.

Ideally I don't want to use the HTML content provided for blog posts or articles.

Thanks

Martin

Need help bro? I got you
Email: martinerceg@outlook.co.nz
- Website Developer
Accepted Solution (1)

ProfessionalNub
Shopify Partner
101 13 30

This is an accepted solution.

If anyone has problems for adding sections to different articles, I have found an article that provides a work around that may provide useful.

IMPORTANT when sections are added and theme is changed from published (live theme) to unpublished all sections will be lost.

https://lssrvn.com/advanced-shopify-building-dynamic-sections-on-custom-pages

Need help bro? I got you
- Website Developer

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

themecaster
Excursionist
30 10 19

Hi Martin,

Shopify allows you to set up multiple unique blogs. One way to achieve your goal would be to setup a separate 'blog' for each section.

A blog in this case consists of two layouts - a list and an article. 

Each blog could have its own link in the main menu making it appear as a different section.

The blog list and article templates are very basic and don't allow for much customization through the UI. 

You can, however, customize the underlying templates using css/html/liquid.

Good luck!

If my response was helpful please Like and Mark As Solution.

ProfessionalNub
Shopify Partner
101 13 30

This is an accepted solution.

If anyone has problems for adding sections to different articles, I have found an article that provides a work around that may provide useful.

IMPORTANT when sections are added and theme is changed from published (live theme) to unpublished all sections will be lost.

https://lssrvn.com/advanced-shopify-building-dynamic-sections-on-custom-pages

Need help bro? I got you
- Website Developer