Upload a PDF file for Print production

PJD6
2 0 0

How can I have users upload a PDF file, verify the file properties, and create a preview / thumbnail for order? 

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
443 44 94

Hi @PJD6 

Looks like there are a few options in the app store:

Uploadery

Best Custom Product Options

Upload-Lift 

Upload Fields (This appears to have the closest features to what you are looking for)

0 Likes
PJD6
2 0 0

Thanks we are testing. We are printing the file and require a PDF. We can not seem to get an upload tool  that will generate a thumbnail from the uploaded PDF. Do you know of one?

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
443 44 94

If you mean one that actually extracts an image of the page as a thumbnail, I don't know of an app that does that. Sorry.

0 Likes
anonymous1989
Tourist
9 0 1

No app really does that, as much as I know, but if there's one, and I'm living under a rock, please let me know. There are a few apps similar to Uploadery, that I use to do as much as I can, and usually, to modify or add details to the file, I use https://pdfliner.com/alternative/pdfescape_alternative_online_pdf_editor but I have yet to find something that does it all in one place. Yeah, it's time-consuming to use different apps or platforms for different purposes, but as long as it works, I'm ok with that.

0 Likes