Uploading images are compressed (Squeezed)

Tourist
11 0 3

When uploading an image to any page, it appears squished/compressed no matter the size I choose. This never used to happen before, only recently. 

How can I fix that? (See attached screenshot) Thank you

example.JPG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
172 17 20

Hey there, @Majeed_Shinkar!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear you're having this trouble with your images but I'd be happy to see how I can be of assistance.

On Shopify, you can upload images of up to 4472 x 4472 pixels  with a file size of up to 20 MB, but we recommend using 2048 x 2048 for square photos. At the least, it's recommended to have a wide of 1200 pixels, regardless of the aspect ratio. You can learn more about the compression rates of images here. What sizes have you tried so far?

I'd be happy to take a look on my end here, to see what the issue may be. I've gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated to your Community Forums account. If this is the same email address associated to your Shopify store, you can simply respond and provide your .myshopify.com URL along with the image you're wanting to attach and on which page. If your store has a different email address attached to it, just CC the correct one onto the email thread and reply with the aforementioned information through there.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ryder,

I am having the same issue with my website. I have tried changing the compression rate on my image, but that didn't seem to make any difference. This is only happening on pages that I have created and added images to. All my products are looking great. It's only on the two pages that I created that are not a part of the products.

0 Likes