Use Tags To Add Specific Product Details through Code on Product-Template.liquid

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 2 3

Need some direction,

I sell a mix of used products which is an issue with shopify being able to distinguish on the product page between a new item and used item. 

I am using the following tags: used, new

I have then grabbed some old code I found in the community to display the product detials which renders on the page for this snippet as "Item Condition: Pre-Owned"

{% assign attribute_keyword = 'used' %}
        {% assign marker = ':' %}
        {% assign found = false %}
        {% for tag in product.tags %}
           {% if tag contains attribute_keyword %}
	      {% if found == false %}
                 {% assign found = true %}<p id="product-layout">
          Item Condition: <u>Pre-Owned</u>
	      {% endif %}
	      {{ tag | remove: attribute_keyword | replace_first: marker, ': '|  append: '' }}
	   	{% endif %}
    	{% if found and forloop.last %}</p>{% endif %}
		{% endfor %}

I feel like there is a cleaner way of doing this as I need to also include the same code using "new" which would look like this and display on the page as "Item Condition: New"

{% assign attribute_keyword = 'new' %}
        {% assign marker = ':' %}
        {% assign found = false %}
        {% for tag in product.tags %}
           {% if tag contains attribute_keyword %}
	      {% if found == false %}
                 {% assign found = true %}<p id="product-layout">
          Item Condition: <u>New</u>
	      {% endif %}
	      {{ tag | remove: attribute_keyword | replace_first: marker, ': '|  append: '' }}
	   	{% endif %}
    	{% if found and forloop.last %}</p>{% endif %}
		{% endfor %}

Because I have two return policies based upon the item, I need to do the same thing with the tags "return" and "noreturn" which would render as Return Policy: 14 Days or Return Policy: No Return.

Any help with getting these two separate line items addressed so they cleanly display on page without code bugs & minimal code would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! I need the return policy to show up directly under the new/used condition statement.

My Demo-page is here if you want to see the "used" tag in action & where I plan to place and style it: 

Product Page Preview 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 2 3

This is an accepted solution.

I forgot to mention I am using the free template "Simple" from Shopify.

0 Likes