VAT Invoices in Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

I have some business customers who insist on a VAT invoice. Is there a simple way of creating and sending a VAT invoice for an order in Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
490 50 58

Hello, @WRP-Steve.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

I understand you’re looking for a simple way of creating and sending VAT invoices to your customers. There are a few options you can consider for sending invoices with VAT. That said, how are you collecting VAT numbers from your customers at the moment?

The reason I am asking is because some of our merchants collect VAT numbers through the cart notes, which can be added to the invoice through a variable. You can use our free app, Order Printer, to create invoices and show the cart attributes to automatically show the customer’s VAT number on their invoice. Alternatively, there are a couple of third-party apps that can also help with capturing VAT numbers and create invoices. I’ve handpicked a couple for you to look at:

• Sufio: Professional Invoices - Sufio can help create invoices that are EU compliant, they also have a guide for capturing VAT numbers on various pages (eg. Customer account creation page or cart page).  
  • Exemptify - this app can help show VAT prices on your product pages as well as capture and validate VAT numbers on the cart page but does not help create invoices.
  •  

If you need any help with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page.

I hope this provides a couple of suggestions for you to look into! If you have any other questions on invoicing, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 13

Hey!

You could try to connect Shopify with another tool that provides that, such as Quaderno, that automatically creates Shopify VAT invoices.

Disclaimer: I work at Quaderno.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask :-)  We are happy to help at support@quaderno.io 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Elias,

Regarding VAT number in invoice.  I got a different situation.  I want to print my VAT number under Invoide address details.  I am using Order Printer app, but cannot find liquid variable for the VAT number.  The VAT number has been added to my shopify settings.  Can you please guide how to include the VAT number in liquid variables or another way to add it. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
490 50 58

Hey, @raycini.

Welcome to the thread! I understand you're looking to add your VAT number to the invoices for Order Printer and you've already added your VAT number to your settings. Just to clarify, where did you add your VAT number in your Shopify settings?

If you've added your VAT number to your store address, under 'Settings > General', that will allow Order Printer to pull the VAT numbers from your address automatically. You can do this by adding your VAT number behind your address in Address Line 1 or to Address Line 2. Alternatively, you can also manually add your VAT number to the invoice using the paragraph or heading tags (eg. <p>VAT XXXXX</p>). 

Since Order Printer is a Shopify app, this may also be something that our Theme Support team can help you with. If you run into any roadblocks or if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks Elias for your valuable tips. I did as you suggested and got the desired results.

1 Like