Variable pricing for different options

Tourist
4 0 1

I am trying to create a Shopify website for our business which currently has an ecommerce site on another platform. We make Ratchet Straps and so the price can vary depending on the length of the strap and the hardware (Handle) used. Our current product page on the old site looks like this http://www.wessexrope.co.uk/acatalog/Ratchet-Assembly-50mm-x-4mtr-c-w-Claw-Hook--RACH50.html#SID=18 

Is there  anyway I can set a product up like this in Shopify? i.e. different prices for different lengths and hardware. I am hoping that there is a way around this and that I don't hev to set EVERY option up as a separate product. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
188 23 42

Hi @WRP-Steve,

Thank you for reaching out with your question and yes, this is absolutely possible!

You'll be wanting to make use of product variants within Shopify, which allows you to offer different variations of products such as different colours and sizes. For each variant, you can set individual prices, inventory figures and SKU numbers.

I'll show you how you could do this for the product you referenced on your old site. When creating a new product in the Shopify admin (Products > Add product), you'll see there's a variants option you can check down towards the bottom of the page:

19-11-fsmez-k2gkz

When you check this box, you'll then be able to start creating you variants. Based off of the product you've share with me here, you'll want to create two options - Colour and Length. When you've added both options, you'll then want to add each value for both options you have created:

19-11-wpflk-u608m

Once you've added each value for both options, you can save the page. You'll then see each variant created and you can edit data such as the price and inventory quantity of every one. On the frontend of the store, customers will then see the different variant combinations you have created in the admin:

19-11-bempu-orq87

I hope this has explained the process but please let me know if you have any further questions on this!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks Victor, looks easy enough. will let you know how I get on.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
188 23 42

Hi @WRP-Steve,

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it when you've given it a try, but if you do experience any issues, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

How did you go Steve? If you still need a hand with this please let me know. I work with variants every day so I'm rather familiar.

Matthew Robinson from Coastal Freelance.
I am available for hire and offer premium support for Shopify, Wordpress and Cin7.
Please lodge a support ticket on my website, https://coastalfreelance.com
1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Victor

I have managed to set up our products (ratchet Straps) with product variants of colour and length. On our esicting site we also offer an option to upgrade to a Heavy Duty Handle which adds a fixed cost to any product. Is there a simple way to do this? 

You can see how we currently do this here: http://www.wessexrope.co.uk/acatalog/Ratchet-Assembly-25mm-x-3mtr-c-w-Claw-Hook--RACH25.html#SID=14

0 Likes