Variant Inventory Qty does not change with options

FishGuy
Tourist
11 0 1

If someone is looking at an item on our site and they choose a different option for the product the item price changes as it should, but the displayed Variant Inventory Qty does not change.(Body (HTML) doesn't update either, but I am most worried about Quantity at the moment.  

So if the default option is say a small and it shows an inventory of 25 then they change to a medium(which we have 8 of) it still says, "We currently have 25 in stock."  Then you try to add 22 to the cart and it says, "You can't add more [Item name] to the cart."

This is not the kind of experience I want for my wholesale customers who are trying to figure out what quantity of items to buy to qualify for free delivery / larger discounts with larger orders.  

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please share your site url

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Free Website Review and advice for sale from Hire us
Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
For Quick Chat Whats app | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87
0 Likes
FishGuy
Tourist
11 0 1

The site is not public and I would rather it not be findable with any search engine...  I am sending you an email.  I had hoped this may be a common issue that could be resolved without creating links that search engines would pick up (since my URL and the item name would show up in search)

0 Likes
danaeklund
1 0 0

Hello! Did you find a solution to this? I am running into the same problem! 

0 Likes
FishGuy
Tourist
11 0 1

Sadly no.  I have since moved to a different theme and I am not even displaying inventory at the moment.  Sorry I couldn't help.  

0 Likes