Variant prices not updating even if the items have different prices

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3
Hi

I added some items with variants, but the prices wont change even if I have added the variants + respective prices in the back office.
The product with a variant which I have uploaded few weeks ago are working though.
Can anyone please help me? I  can't figure out whats wrong

The store name is mastersquare
password is: wish

Thank you so much for any help you can give

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 23 39

Hey, @Msq!

Ash here from the Shopify team.

Thank you so much for including the links in your post. I was able to follow the first link and replicate the issue you're experiencing. This definitely seem odd, and I'm happy to help get to the bottom of this. In order to determine what's wrong here, I'll need to start by getting some additional information from you. Could you please reply to this post and let me know the following: 

• When did this issue first begin?
  • How many products are affected? 
  • Did you install any new applications prior to this starting?
  • What theme are you using?
  • Did you make any code changes to the theme prior to this starting?

Once I have that additional information I'll have a better idea of what's going on, and how we can move forward to resolve this. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3
Hi Thank you so much for your reply!
I just noticed this yesterday. The last variant I uploaded was a week ago.

I was thinking that maybe its because of an app -- but I have not added an
app recently.
Im using Empire theme. I reached out to their customer service a few days
ago and nobody has responded.
I do not remember changing any codes recently. Im trying to rack my brain
but I really don't remember changing any. Hope you can help me figure it
out..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

Oh and all the Alcohol & Disinfectant Collection (all products in there with  variants are not working).

I tried creating another product with variants manually, same problem.. it isnt working anymore.  :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 23 39

Thank you for the additional information! While it's still possible this is app-related, it's less likely if you haven't installed any new applications recently.

Let's determine if this is related to the theme you're using. In order to do so, head over to your Online Store> Themes, and scroll down to the area where you can "Explore free themes". Install any free theme on your store, and then preview your site in that theme (you don't have to publish the theme, the option to preview the theme will be in the Actions menu). Once previewing your site in an un-edited, free theme, visit an affected product page and see if the variant selector works as expected to update the price of the variants being selected. 

Please reply back here to let me know the results of that test. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

oh wow, it worked on a free theme! what to do next? the empire theme customer service hasn't replied to me until now.  :0

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 23 39

Hi, @Msq!

Thank you for testing that and letting me know the results. Since everything worked as expected in a free, un-edited theme, that tells me that the issue is within the Empire theme. Since the Empire theme is a third-party theme, our theme support team wouldn't be able to dig into the themes code to find the root of the issue. 

Have you heard back from Empire's customer support at this time? For third-party themes, the best way to get support is through the original developer of the theme. If you're unable to get assistance directly from them, then I would suggest contacting a Shopify Expert for further assistance. Shopify Experts are trusted, third-party agencies and freelancers, who are available for hire by Shopify Merchants. You can visit their site here to contact an Expert, or post a job request and receive quotes from eligible Experts. This would be the next best alternative to getting assistance directly from the developers of Empire.

0 Likes