Variants

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am new to shopify and when I set some products up it allowed me to set up a listing with separate color drop downs and size drop downs instead of grouping them all in one drop down. I want this to happen on all my listings but now it won’t allow me to separate those options (I used to be able to hit enter and it would add the other sizes). See pics in comment to explain better. Why isn’t this letting do this anymore?  The first picture is what it was like the first time which is what I want.  The second picture is a new listing and now it won't allow me to enter the infant and child size.   I took out the comma and tried to enter just one word and then click enter to put in the other size and it wouldn't let me. shopify issue.jpgshopify issue 2.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 26 31

Hey there, @2Fabs!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding multiple variants, and I'd be happy to elaborate on why that is for you.

It sounds like in your first product/screenshot, you created the multiple variants at the time of the product's creation, is that right? You can only add multiples when first creating the variants; however, once the variants are initially set up you can only add additional variants one at a time. We have a guide to walk you through the steps in our Add a variant by duplicating an existing variant guide. You can also export your product(s) CSV from your Shopify Admin and make any necessary adjustments through the file before importing the updated products back into your store. We have a Using CSV files guide you may be interested in referencing if you choose this route.

I understand that these approaches may not be ideal for your workflow, and for that reason I'd be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf requesting the ability to easily add multiple variants after initial variants have already been setup. If you'd like me to do this, please let me know and I can proceed with sending you an email for account authentication and to get a ticket started out for you.

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify. 

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes