Verifying Domain For Facebook

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I contacted facebook commerce support. I had to give consent for them to unlink the shopify domain. Once they did that I was able to connect it to my custom domain and so far so good.

Hope this helps.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

You have to email facebook commerce support and give them consent to unlink your instagram from the domain.

Once they do that you can connect your custom one. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

How did you get in touch with Facebook commerce? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same problem, I cannot change the domain in the verification instagram ....

how solve this problem?

how to contact facebook?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello there, 

I bought a domain through shopify so that I ccould verify my domain for Facebook and Instagram

What are the steps I take, its very confusing?

Do I do it within Instagram and facebook or do I do it within Shopify and what text exactly do I add and where do I add it. 

I can see DNS records, but I cant see to edit them??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

I managed to verify my .myshopify.com domain by adding a meta tag in the layout/theme.liquid and use the meta tag domain verification in Facebook. Use the Shopify code editor to do so.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

RPAPETERS, how did you do that?  Very computer illiterate.

Thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Okey, I'll try to explain.

1. First in Facebook at your domain settings choose the Meta-tag Verification tab and copy the meta tag;
  2. In Shopify goto your Online Store -> Themes -> Customise. Then in the left pane scroll to the bottom and select Theme actions -> Edit Code.
  3. Open the Layout/theme.liquid file. You should see HTML. Add the copied meta tag from Facebook inside the <head> section.
  4. Save your changes, maybe wait a little for those changes to become active and then hit the green Verify button in Facebook.

rpapeters_0-1605543694470.png

rpapeters_1-1605544103034.png

rpapeters_2-1605544265266.png

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Dear RPAPETERS

I have no words to thank you! 

You're the best and I hope you're having an awesome day!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4
Thx, glad I could help
1 Like