Verifying Domain For Facebook

Patrick_Amadeu
Tourist
3 0 4

Hi there

So, here is the issue:

I have a Shopify shop with the domain MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com. Now I have connected Facebook, my page and also Instagram. This all seems to be working.

My Instagram business account requires me to verify the domain MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com. But when I navigate to Online Store -> Domain then I can see my domain, but NO DNS setting or whatsoever. I do not have any idea how to proceed. Can you please help me out here?

Thank you,

patrick

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
417 44 87

Hi @Patrick_Amadeu 

You can only manage DNS settings on a custom domain. It will not allow you to change anything with the xxx.myshopify.com domain.

Patrick_Amadeu
Tourist
3 0 4

Yes, I understand that. However, my problem is that I want to be able to link my shop to the instagram shop. So I go to Instagram -> Settings -> Business -> Set Up Instagram Shopping'.

'Instagram says 'Verify Your Website Domain' XYZ.myshopify.com. To use Instagram Shopping, you must verify ownership of the domain in Business Manager using a computer.'

The email I get from Instagram then sends me to the Business Manager and here they are saying I need to upload a TXT to the DNS settings. So that's the problem because on a custom domain there is no problem. But Instagram wants to upload this TXT thing to Shopify. And I saw a few screenshots where in the Shopify platform under Domains there is a button 'DNS Settings'. I just can't see it on my platform for whatever reason

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
417 44 87

Correct, unless you are using a domain that you own (custom domain), you will not see the DNS settings button. The "xxx.myshopify.com'' is a subdomain of the "myshopify" domain, which Shopify owns. You cannot change the DNS settings because you are not the owner of the domain. That is the whole point of Instagram requiring you to add the TXT record to the DNS settings - because you can only do it if you are the owner of the domain. 

Chaunteckia
1 0 1

Hello and Good Morning.. I have purchased a domain through Shopify and I have been trying to verify my domain.  Once I follow the steps and click to verify, it says No DNS entry found.  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or not doing. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks 

andreka
1 0 2

where you able to find the solution? Im having the same problem.

PrincessF
Tourist
3 0 2

I own my domain but I just can't figure out how to do it. Can you help me please?

0 Likes
Moba
2 0 2

I'm having exactly the same problem and I don't know how to fix it! Did you already know how to fix it? Thank you and hope you're having a good day!

PrincessF
Tourist
3 0 2

I still haven't figured it out. But when I do I'll let you know.

JoeGuerrero5
Tourist
3 0 1

Exact same problem. No idea how to fix it. 

0 Likes