Verifying Domain for Facebook

Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
956 84 224

Hi @Aquarellabrazil!

Thanks for the screenshot. The meta tag code you entered looks to be in the correct place, so at this point it might be worth trying using the DNS verification method, as outlined in Facebook's help doc. There, you'll also find a video that will walk you through the process of editing your DNS settings. 

If you're still experiencing the same issue after following those steps, I suggest going through Facebook's appeal process. This will let Facebook and Instagram know that you are using a custom domain and should resolve the issue! Keep in mind that it may not be immediate, as Facebook will need to review your submission.

Best of luck on those next steps!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
CSTAnvee
1 0 0

I too am having problems verifying the DNS on shopify with facebook.  Theres a 72hour period waiting period noted to wait for it to sink in.  Tutorial video shows its immediate, thats frustrating when I tried to verify this for the last 30 days.  I ran a few ads though on my ads manager and it went through and paid good money for it.  The ads weren't showing on the facebook page feed.  Thats another tutorial.  We are within the service area for facebook but not instagram.  Does any of these could have been the problem? Any assistance is appreciate it, 

0 Likes
SuveenaBali
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi, 

My domain verification issue was solved. It simply took a few hours for Facebook to verify. 

From my experience, I'd advise following the domain verification instructions and allowing around 12hrs for Facebook to verify. Hope this helps. 

Suveena 

almonte0603
1 0 0

hi do i need to buy a plan? i already bought a domain for $14.. can you give me a step by step guide how to claim a domain on fb 

0 Likes
SuveenaBali
Tourist
5 0 3
Kessie1
1 0 0

Hey Julie.

im having a similar issue. I purchased a Shopify domain

but put in my kessie.ca custom domain from go daddy but I have no idea how to remove or get rid of the kessie-homemade-natural-products.myshopify.com 

now it’s saying for Instagram shopping “you have lost access to Instagram shopping””your website must be owned by your business. Please take steps to verify your website to keep using selling tools.

I have verified followed the domain steps txt everything and now when I go to Shopify under domains under partners on Facebook business it says “

Partners
Assign Partners
This domain is shared with other businesses. View permissions, and assign or remove partners.

I really need some help with how to proceed thanks 

0 Likes
Darleen_Witmer2
Shopify Partner
30 0 2
This is all pretty simple to connect all things. Yiu font get rid of the myshopify.com domain but simply make your go daddy or Shopify purchased domain your primary. At the top of domains window.
The other is all setup in Business Manager and your FB page and IG
It’s a lot to connect all but not complicated.
0 Likes
DeWees
1 0 0

Hi, I'm needing to verify my domain for facebook business manager - my instructions say to do this as the optimal verification method.  Is this the best way for Shopify themes?

DeWees_0-1614354463897.png

0 Likes
Darleen_Witmer2
Shopify Partner
30 0 2
Meta tag and add to theme.liquid.
Under
0 Likes
MorrisF
2 0 0

Hi Jullie.

What happens when I have connected an existing domain to my Shopify? Meaning that the host is a third-party. However, Facebook still asks me to verify the "myshopify.com" domain.

0 Likes