Verifying Domain for Facebook

Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 261

Hi, @MorrisF!

Great question. On the second page of this thread, you'll notice some other merchants who were also prompted to verify their myshopify.com URL when using a custom domain.

Since it's not possible to edit DNS settings for myshopify.com URLs, it was recommended that merchants use the meta tag verification method, which requires you to add a code snippet from Facebook into your theme.liquid file. We have a help doc on how to verify your domain using this method here. 

Let me know how that goes!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Angeldesign
4 0 0

Hi @Julie i did these steps but I got stuck after changing the catalogue it’s not showing up on Instagram?

are we able to arrange a call to see if we can resolve this please?

ella@angeldesign.co 

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 261

Hey, @Angeldesign!

When you say your product catalog isn't showing up on Instagram, are you seeing a message indicating that your catalog is ineligible, or is it missing entirely? Have you made sure that the catalog is associated with your Facebook Business Manager account? I came across a similar post in the Shopify Community Forums that may help guide you along; you can access that here.

However, if you would prefer to chat with our Support team directly, you can find our contact methods in our Help Center here. While we do offer callbacks, availability is dependent on current queue volumes. If a callback isn't available, then I suggest reaching out through live chat. Once you connect with our Support team, they'll be able to authenticate your account and access your admins so they can further assist. 

Thanks for reaching out! Let me know how that goes. 

0 Likes
CGontov
1 0 0

I Have the same problem. I am in my domain page but I cannot click on the domain to paste the meta tag on the HTML of my domain page. There is no manage button either

Please help

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 261

Hey, @CGontov!

Thanks for joining in on the conversation.

The meta tag verification method doesn't require you to edit your DNS settings. Instead, you will need to paste the meta tag in your theme's theme.liquid file in Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code.

Our help doc on verifying your domain with third-party services will show you exactly where this meta tag should go. While the screenshot example in this help doc is specific to Google, the steps are exactly the same when verifying your domain with Facebook using the meta tag option. 

Let me know how that goes!

0 Likes
Jailenjc
1 0 0

Hi Swaggy, I've found the perfect video on youtube. It helped me do it in 3 minutes. You can type in "confirm shopify domain on facebook" or click this link to go straight to it: DNS Verification for Facebook. I hope this helps you and everyone else having problems with this!

0 Likes
md1231
2 0 0

I'm having the same issue. 

Here is the screenshot from Facebook Commerce Manager. I tried adding the code to my theme.liquid header but it didn't work, then I tried to add the TXT record to my DNS records but I guess now I am waiting for 72 hours before I try to verify again. 

At the same time, my Facebook stopped importing my latest products and all my products are now off Google (but they were there before). Not sure what's going on.

md1231_0-1619115895620.png

0 Likes
GenerativeHut
1 0 0

Hi, 

I've been following the advice in this thread to get my generativehut.myshopify.com domain approved on Facebook (for getting Instagram shopping working). I've successfully added the meta tag on the liquid theme code, and can see it's there by looking at the page source code, but when I hit verify on facebook business manager I get the following error: 

Domain verification failed
Unable to verify the domain

Any idea what is happening there? 
0 Likes
md1231
2 0 0

My issue was resolved, though I'm not sure which of the two things fixed it, though I think it was editing the TXT records in my DNS settings even though I had to wait a little longer.

0 Likes
Charne
2 0 0

Hi there, 
I am still having trouble verifying my domain for Facebook. I have attempted using the DNS verification and still receiving an error message. Could you please assist. 

0 Likes