Verifying Domain for Facebook

Highlighted
1 0 1

I'm haivng trouble finding any help articles specifically focused on how to verify my domain, for facebook, by using either DNS verification or HTML File Upload. Thanks in advance for the help. 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 152

Hi, @Swaggy!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

To verify your domain with Facebook, you'll just need to select the DNS Verification method, rather than the HTML File Upload. Facebook has a help doc that walks you through the domain verification process here. This help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. 

Where did you purchase your domain? 

If you purchased your domain from Shopify, then this can be done directly within your Shopify admin, in Online store > Domains > DNS Settings. We also have a help doc on how to edit your Shopify domain's DNS settings that you can refer to as well. If your domain is purchased through a third-party provider, however, then you will need to edit the DNS settings through your provider's website. 

Have you verified your domain with Google yet? We actually have a help doc on how to verify your domain with third-party services that I recommend checking out. Once your site is verified with Google, you will be able to submit a sitemap, which helps your store appear in search engine results.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Hi Julie

So, here is the issue:

I have a Shopify shop with the domain MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com. Now I have connected Facebook, my page and also Instagram. This all seems to be working.

My Instagram business account requires me to verify the domain MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com. But when I navigate to Online Store -> Domain then I can see my domain, but NO DNS setting or whatsoever. I do not have any idea how to proceed. Can you please help me out here?

Thank you,

patrick

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 152

Hi, @Patrick_Amadeu!

Where are you seeing the prompt to verify your domain with Instagram? This isn't a required step to use the Instagram sales channel, so this shouldn't be necessary. However, I'm curious to know where you're seeing the prompt and which methods are available to you. 

As for managing your current domain, it looks like you're still using a myshopify.com URL as opposed to a custom .com domain. Typically, myshopify.com URLs are only used for login and authentication purposes, and merchants often choose to purchase a custom domain instead. This will remove the "myshopify.com" part, making your domain look much more professional. Because the myshopify.com URL serves as a unique identifier for your store, I'm afraid the DNS settings on these particular domains cannot be edited. 

With custom domains, on the other hand, you'll have full access to the DNS settings. Are you planning on purchasing a custom domain?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello, 

I am having an issue verifying my domain with Facebook. Under my primary domain there is no place to edit and I don’t see DNS edits. I did purchase a new domain in error and that was has a place to edit the DNS settings. I urgently need some help and it’s so unfortunate I can’t call anymore. PLEASE ASSIST! 

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 152

Hey, @LaBellabouti20!

Thanks for joining in on the conversation. Is your primary domain the myshopify.com URL or is it a custom domain that you had previously purchased? As mentioned above, the DNS settings for myshopify.com URLs cannot be edited.

If you are using a custom domain, where did you originally purchase it? If you purchased the domain from Shopify, then you should be able to edit the DNS settings directly through your Shopify admin, following these instructions. If, on the other hand, the domain was purchased through a third-party provider, then you will need to login to your account with your domain provide directly, where you will be able to access the DNS settings. 

I also wanted to address your concern around contacting support. While we have transitioned to a callback system, our live support team is still available 24/7 and all of our contact methods, including live chat, can be found directly on our Support page once you enter your question in the "Ask about a topic" field. Once you've done that, you'll see an option to contact Support towards the bottom of the page. Callback availability is dependent on our current queue volumes, and if available, you'll be able to request one from the same page. 

That being said, I'd be happy to continue assisting you in the Community Forums! Feel free to respond here and let me know which domain you are trying to verify and where it was purchased. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi, Julie. I am having the same problem as Patrick mentioned above. When clicking on Settings -> Business -> Set Up Instagram Shopping in the Instagram App, I receive a message that I must first verify my default shopify domain/url. Although, I don't understand why it's prompting for that domain/url to be verified when I'm using my custom domain as primary.

Anyway, the verification process is to add a txt record to the dns settings, but as you have mentioned before, there is no way to edit the dns settings for a default shopify domain/url. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shawna

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 152

Hi, @cibolocreative

Do you have a screenshot of the domain verification message you're seeing? When it comes to verifying domains, the primary domain is always the domain you'll want to verify. If you aren't seeing the option to access your DNS settings in Shopify, then it sounds like you are using a third-party domain.

In this case, you'll just need to access your DNS settings by logging into your account with your domain provider. Depending on your domain provider, the process for accessing your DNS settings may differ, so it would be best to check in with the provider directly should you need any help adding a TXT record.

I should also note that you'll also need to make sure that this is the same domain that you have associated with your Instagram business account. Facebook also has some information here on how to verify your domain; this should help guide you in the right direction. 

If your domain has already been verified and you're still seeing the error message, then you should see an option to Submit an appeal to Facebook directly in the Facebook sales channel. Have you done so yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Hello. I am having the same troubles as all..... but in this moment I do not want to change my domein for different becouse  months  ago I decided to stay with .myshopify.com . and now all the promotons goes with that link. 

Why I can not verify DNA or why you can not do that for us? It would be so helpfull! 

Looking forward to find possibilites !

Ewa

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello,

After reading this thread I see that I won't be able to use Shopify. I have a domain and website already and wanted this to integrate Instagram shopping but I do not want to buy another domain and the Shopify domain is not editable. Thank you for explaining! I thought it was me just like all of these other people. 

Best!