Verifying Domain for Facebook

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi, Julie. The attached screen shot is what I see when I check to see which catalog we're connected to. We only have one, but do you have any idea why it's showing up three different ways? I can't uncheck any of the radio buttons.

Thanks,

ShawnaScreenshot_Instagram.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 50 149

Hey, @Cbk2020

Thank you so much for your detailed response; this is quite helpful and I'm sure other merchants in the Shopify Community will find these steps to be helpful as well. 

Now that you've verified both domains, it sounds like you will need to go through Facebook's appeal process and select that you have changed your domain. This should force an update on Instagram's end so that your products are correctly linked. Have you done this yet? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4

I found a fix!

1) Disconnect Instagram from Facebook
2) Set the primary website domain to the shopify domain/url
3) Disconnect the Data Source for the Facebook catalog in Commerce Manager (delete them all completely)
4) Install the Flexify app on Shopify (and edit the settings to suit your needs)
5) Go back do Data Source in the Facebook Commerce Manager and click "Add Products"
6) Click "Use Bulk Upload" then click "Next"
7) Click "Scheduled Feed" then "Next"
Enter the URL generated by Flexify, click "Next", then finish the setup process
9) Set your primary domain back to your custom domain
10) Reconnect your Instagram to Facebook
11) Choose the new catalog as the product source in Business -> Shopping on IG
12) Click the "View Shop" button on the IG profile and click the "Add" button next to each product so that they show up for others when they click "View Shop"

I ran a manual sync after setting this all up to see if the switch back to the custom domain would affect tagging capabilities on Instagram and it didn't. Yay!

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 50 149

Hey, @cibolocreative!

Thanks for the update and the screenshot you shared above. To clarify, "Shopify Product Catalog" will appear if you have successfully setup the Facebook sales channel, so this appears to be normal behaviour.

I'm also glad to hear that you found a workaround and I appreciate you sharing the steps you took. While the appeal process should solve this issue, it sounds like this workaround serves as an immediate fix, and this should be helpful for other merchants like @Cbk2020 who are experiencing the same issue. 

Thanks again for the update! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I feel like I am having the same issue as everyone else, but I am not sure. I have the Myshopify URL and I want to connect Facebook and Instagram Shopping. This is very frustrating. I have my Facebook shop integrated with Shopify, but I cannot verify my business through Instagram. the only option through my Instagram business account  is to send a verification email. Then I get stuck between Facebook and Instagram. I have a catalog setup, I can get to the Facebook section for Domains, but DNS verification is not an option. So what am I to do? The whole reason I signed up for shopify was to integrate Facebook and Instagram for shopping for products and as of now, I only have a Facebook Shop. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 50 149

Hey, @Inkinspirations!

Thanks for hopping in.

Since you're using your myshopify.com URL, you'll need to just use the meta tag method mentioned above, which requires you to add a code snippet from Facebook into your theme.liquid file. We have a help doc on how to verify your domain using this method here. 

If you are still receiving issues after trying the meta tag method, then it's recommended that you Submit an appeal via the prompt in the Facebook sales channel so that Facebook and Instagram can review your verification. You can also submit the appeal here.

Keep me posted on how that goes! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Julie - 

This thread has been immensely helpful, but I fear I'm stuck in terms of trying to complete my verification and am hoping you might be able to help. Our domain, quilting123.myshopify.com is experiencing an error every time I try to verify it with the meta-tag option you detailed and linked here. I've tried to submit an appeal, and get an error message after completing that form as well. Can you take a peek and see if you see anything obviously wrong that I'm doing?

Thanks in advance!

The MQG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 50 149

Hi, @TheMQG!

I'm glad to hear that you've been finding this thread helpful and thanks for letting me know that you've already tried the meta tag verification method. What kind of error are you coming across when you try this method? 

As for the appeal, did you try submitting the appeal through the Facebook channel in Shopify or directly via this link? When the error message appears while trying to submit the appeal, what does it say? If you can share a screenshot of the error message, that should help determine where the problem may be coming from. To rule out any local issues, I would also recommend clearing your cache or using another browser before trying again. 

Unlike our live support team, I'm not able to access your admin from here within the Community Forums, so if you can share these details here, that would be much appreciated. This should also help other merchants stumbling across this thread who may be experiencing the same error messages. 

Thanks so much! I look forward to your response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I don't know if this has been answered by the rest of the feed but I figured it out myself!!!

In the business facebook admin, put the XXX.myshopify.com. copy the facebook verification tag. 

go to your shopify admin, click on online store-> Actions (on the RIGHT side of the page)-> edit code. 

will take you to another page, under LAYOUT-> click on theme.liquid

Code will pop up on the right, under the <head> tag, (line 3), copy the facebook verification tag that you copied from the facebook business page. Click, SAVE (top right).

Go back to the facebook business verification and verify! This was the LAST step for me after verifying my primary google domain. 

Then my IG automatically verified because everything else was already done. But then you have to publish the catalog through facebook. 

could have been made so much simpler if people would have just explained that the FACEBOOK VERIFICATION tag for the XXX.myshopify.com needs to be in the SHOPIFY CODE. DO NOT MESS WITH TRYING TO GO INTO DNS ON THE SHOPIFY PAGE! The people who are trying to explain this are explaining two different things!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I have been struggling with this same exact issue for a few months. I have tried to get some assistance but I keep getting referred back tot he same tutorial information that I followed as you described. No success yet. This is so frustrating all I want to do is tag my products on IG and this seems to be impossible. Were you able to get this issue resolved????

0 Likes