Is verifying your domain for Facebook on Shopify challenging?

Swaggy
Visitor
1 0 2

I'm haivng trouble finding any help articles specifically focused on how to verify my domain, for facebook, by using either DNS verification or HTML File Upload. Thanks in advance for the help. 

Replies 90 (90)
sierradazzlingc
Visitor
3 0 0

I have been struggling with this same exact issue for a few months. I have tried to get some assistance but I keep getting referred back tot he same tutorial information that I followed as you described. No success yet. This is so frustrating all I want to do is tag my products on IG and this seems to be impossible. Were you able to get this issue resolved????

TheMQG
Visitor
2 0 0
Nope, unfortunately still struggling with getting this sorted as well!
doctortmd
Visitor
3 0 0
Yes, I was able to get it to work. I would love to help you. Where are you
stuck?
Anza
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also having same problem. Instagram says I need to verify my shopify  doamin.

Can you please assist

doctortmd
Visitor
3 0 0
I will absolutely try to help. You need to have a third party domain as
your primary domain (at least I do and it worked for me). Then you need to
put the facebook verify thing that you get on the business facebook page
INTO your myshopify.com code. this last thing is what verified everything
for me.
sierradazzlingc
Visitor
3 0 0

I am so frustrated with this whole thing. I can't seem to reach anyone from shopify....fb support keeps referring me back to the links with the tutorials....its like can we just get this fixed....so I can move on. It is insane how much time I have added and removed different things trying to get a fix.

LaBellabouti20
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello, 

I am having an issue verifying my domain with Facebook. Under my primary domain there is no place to edit and I don’t see DNS edits. I did purchase a new domain in error and that was has a place to edit the DNS settings. I urgently need some help and it’s so unfortunate I can’t call anymore. PLEASE ASSIST! 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @LaBellabouti20!

Thanks for joining in on the conversation. Is your primary domain the myshopify.com URL or is it a custom domain that you had previously purchased? As mentioned above, the DNS settings for myshopify.com URLs cannot be edited.

If you are using a custom domain, where did you originally purchase it? If you purchased the domain from Shopify, then you should be able to edit the DNS settings directly through your Shopify admin, following these instructions. If, on the other hand, the domain was purchased through a third-party provider, then you will need to login to your account with your domain provide directly, where you will be able to access the DNS settings. 

I also wanted to address your concern around contacting support. While we have transitioned to a callback system, our live support team is still available 24/7 and all of our contact methods, including live chat, can be found directly on our Support page once you enter your question in the "Ask about a topic" field. Once you've done that, you'll see an option to contact Support towards the bottom of the page. Callback availability is dependent on our current queue volumes, and if available, you'll be able to request one from the same page. 

That being said, I'd be happy to continue assisting you in the Community Forums! Feel free to respond here and let me know which domain you are trying to verify and where it was purchased. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TWallace
Visitor
1 0 3

Hello,

After reading this thread I see that I won't be able to use Shopify. I have a domain and website already and wanted this to integrate Instagram shopping but I do not want to buy another domain and the Shopify domain is not editable. Thank you for explaining! I thought it was me just like all of these other people. 

Best!

Inkinspirations
Visitor
1 0 0

I feel like I am having the same issue as everyone else, but I am not sure. I have the Myshopify URL and I want to connect Facebook and Instagram Shopping. This is very frustrating. I have my Facebook shop integrated with Shopify, but I cannot verify my business through Instagram. the only option through my Instagram business account  is to send a verification email. Then I get stuck between Facebook and Instagram. I have a catalog setup, I can get to the Facebook section for Domains, but DNS verification is not an option. So what am I to do? The whole reason I signed up for shopify was to integrate Facebook and Instagram for shopping for products and as of now, I only have a Facebook Shop. 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Inkinspirations!

Thanks for hopping in.

Since you're using your myshopify.com URL, you'll need to just use the meta tag method mentioned above, which requires you to add a code snippet from Facebook into your theme.liquid file. We have a help doc on how to verify your domain using this method here. 

If you are still receiving issues after trying the meta tag method, then it's recommended that you Submit an appeal via the prompt in the Facebook sales channel so that Facebook and Instagram can review your verification. You can also submit the appeal here.

Keep me posted on how that goes! 

TheMQG
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Julie - 

This thread has been immensely helpful, but I fear I'm stuck in terms of trying to complete my verification and am hoping you might be able to help. Our domain, quilting123.myshopify.com is experiencing an error every time I try to verify it with the meta-tag option you detailed and linked here. I've tried to submit an appeal, and get an error message after completing that form as well. Can you take a peek and see if you see anything obviously wrong that I'm doing?

Thanks in advance!

The MQG

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @TheMQG!

I'm glad to hear that you've been finding this thread helpful and thanks for letting me know that you've already tried the meta tag verification method. What kind of error are you coming across when you try this method? 

As for the appeal, did you try submitting the appeal through the Facebook channel in Shopify or directly via this link? When the error message appears while trying to submit the appeal, what does it say? If you can share a screenshot of the error message, that should help determine where the problem may be coming from. To rule out any local issues, I would also recommend clearing your cache or using another browser before trying again. 

Unlike our live support team, I'm not able to access your admin from here within the Community Forums, so if you can share these details here, that would be much appreciated. This should also help other merchants stumbling across this thread who may be experiencing the same error messages. 

Thanks so much! I look forward to your response.

LaBellabouti20
Visitor
2 0 2
Yes I’m having this same issue! No one has helped me from Facebook or IG
wtpbmx
Visitor
2 0 0

For me the meta way worked to verify the myshopify domain, but now when I want to tag products it says the wrong domain is connected. of course it is! I dont use the myshopify one!!! 

Any idea how to change the domains in instagram?

It also shows now 3 catalogs...

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for letting me know that the meta tag method worked for you, @wtpbmx!

Now, because you're seeing multiple catalogs, it sounds like you previously had the older Facebook Shop sales channel installed. Is that the case? If so, it's totally normal to see multiple catalogs and the catalog you'll need to use should be the one titled Shopify Product Catalog. Then, you can delete unwanted catalogs directly in your Catalog Manager by following these steps:

1. Go to https://business.facebook.com
  2. Click on Assets
  3. Click on Catalog manager
  4. Select the catalog by clicking on the checkbox to the left of it
  5. Click on the Delete catalogues button on the right

As for Instagram, which product catalog are you seeing there? Have you also made sure that your Facebook Page settings have the same Instagram account connected as the one you are using, and that this is the same Page connected in your Facebook Channel? You'll also want to ensure that your Instagram account is connected to the Business Manager account that you connected in the Facebook Channel. If the right accounts are connected and you're still seeing the wrong domain connected, then you will need to submit an appeal to Facebook.

For anyone else in the Shopify Community experiencing problems verifying their domain with Facebook, the appeals process is definitely the next step you'll need to take if you have already verified your domain with Instagram but are seeing the wrong domain. If you are unable to verify your domain due to the fact that you are not using a custom domain, then you can verify your myshopify.com URL by following the meta tag method mentioned above. We also have instructions on how to verify using the meta tag method here.

In order to provide further troubleshooting steps to those still experiencing the same issue, please let me know exactly which of the steps outlined in this thread you've tried so far; the more information you can provide, the better I can assist! Alternatively, you can reach out to our 24/7 live support team who would be happy to walk you through the process in realtime.

kimabecassis
Visitor
2 0 0
Salut ,
Merci pour votre aide, en effet j'ai eu le même problème avec la vérification de domaine .myshopify.com Maintenant, la connexion est réussie via IG, mais je ne peux toujours pas étiqueter mes produits sur shopify car ils appartiennent à l'autre domaine.
Je vois que mes produits sont étiquetés sur IG , Shopify mais ils sont flous.
J'ai fait appel à Facebook pour changer de domaine mais sans succès, quelqu'un pour trouver la solution à ce dernier problème?
Merci beaucoup
Bonne journée

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-15 at 02.02.25.jpeg

oya-luxe
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello,

I have bought my domain with go daddy and have connected it to my shopify account. However, I am not sure if I need to verify both my go dday domain and my shopify domain?

Please advsie, thank you 🙂

Kind regards,

Alisia 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @oya-luxe!

I'm glad to hear that you purchased a custom domain. Are you now trying to verify your domain with Facebook? 

If so, keep in mind that the domain you'll need to verify is your Primary domain. Your primary domain is the domain name that customers see in the address bar while they browse your online store, and this would typically be your custom domain, rather than your myshopify.com URL. If you aren't sure which domain is currently set as your primary domain, you can find out by heading to Online store > Domains. 

To verify your domain with Facebook, you'll just need to select the DNS Verification method. Facebook has a help doc that walks you through the domain verification process here. This help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. Since you purchased your domain through GoDaddy, it sounds like your DNS settings are also currently be managed through GoDaddy. With that being the case, you will need to edit the DNS settings directly through your GoDaddy account, by following Facebook's instructions above. 

If you run into any issues, I recommend taking a close look through this thread, as there are quite a few troubleshooting steps that have been outlined and those should help clear things up. Let me know how that goes!

DavidGalway
Visitor
1 0 0

I have copied my facebook verification code from Facebook and pasted it into the meta section as shown;

DavidGalway_0-1621550515871.png

However, when checking the page source it shows this;

DavidGalway_1-1621550564355.png

Facebook verification isn't showing and seems to appear in 83

DavidGalway_2-1621550620443.png

This is causing it to fail verification and it has been over 24 hours;

DavidGalway_3-1621550676585.png

SuveenaBali
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi, 

Please can I get some help with verifying my domain for Facebook. 

I've added the meta-tag to the <head> of homepage, and appears well on the html source view of the live site - www.jeenaa.co.uk but the verification still fails. Please kindly help. 

Thanks, 

Suveena 

SuveenaBali
Tourist
5 0 3

Issue with Facebook domain verification.

I’ve added the meta-tag to <head> of the website, it appears in html source view but verification still fails. Attached PDF to show the steps I’ve taken.

I’ve also tried adding https://jeenaa.myshopify.com/ as the domain and repeating the steps, and verification still fails.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @SuveenaBali!

Thanks for hopping into the conversation. Unfortunately, I'm not able to access the PDF you shared.

However, since you already attempted the meta tag method, it's safe to say that you'll need to go through Facebook's appeal process, as suggested above. When you do so, please select the option indicating that you have changed your domain. This will let Facebook and Instagram know that you are using a custom domain and should resolve the issue! Keep in mind that it may not be immediate, as Facebook will need to review your submission.

Keep me posted!

Aquarellabrazil
Visitor
1 0 0

8FA6E7F7-D817-427C-A6CA-5EC9349DBE6A.png

B533C030-B215-4F41-BB73-7478E33C1FFE.png

 I’m having the same issue, i pasted the meta-tag verification from Facebook and i still cannot verify my account.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi @Aquarellabrazil!

Thanks for the screenshot. The meta tag code you entered looks to be in the correct place, so at this point it might be worth trying using the DNS verification method, as outlined in Facebook's help doc. There, you'll also find a video that will walk you through the process of editing your DNS settings. 

If you're still experiencing the same issue after following those steps, I suggest going through Facebook's appeal process. This will let Facebook and Instagram know that you are using a custom domain and should resolve the issue! Keep in mind that it may not be immediate, as Facebook will need to review your submission.

Best of luck on those next steps!

SuveenaBali
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi, 

My domain verification issue was solved. It simply took a few hours for Facebook to verify. 

From my experience, I'd advise following the domain verification instructions and allowing around 12hrs for Facebook to verify. Hope this helps. 

Suveena 

CSTAnvee
Visitor
1 0 0

I too am having problems verifying the DNS on shopify with facebook.  Theres a 72hour period waiting period noted to wait for it to sink in.  Tutorial video shows its immediate, thats frustrating when I tried to verify this for the last 30 days.  I ran a few ads though on my ads manager and it went through and paid good money for it.  The ads weren't showing on the facebook page feed.  Thats another tutorial.  We are within the service area for facebook but not instagram.  Does any of these could have been the problem? Any assistance is appreciate it, 

almonte0603
Visitor
1 0 0

hi do i need to buy a plan? i already bought a domain for $14.. can you give me a step by step guide how to claim a domain on fb 

SuveenaBali
Tourist
5 0 3

Here are a couple of helpful links with step-by-step guide for domain verification - 

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification/verifying-your-domain/ 

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification/

Hope this helps.

CGontov
Visitor
1 0 0

I Have the same problem. I am in my domain page but I cannot click on the domain to paste the meta tag on the HTML of my domain page. There is no manage button either

Please help

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @CGontov!

Thanks for joining in on the conversation.

The meta tag verification method doesn't require you to edit your DNS settings. Instead, you will need to paste the meta tag in your theme's theme.liquid file in Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code.

Our help doc on verifying your domain with third-party services will show you exactly where this meta tag should go. While the screenshot example in this help doc is specific to Google, the steps are exactly the same when verifying your domain with Facebook using the meta tag option. 

Let me know how that goes!

Charne
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there, 
I am still having trouble verifying my domain for Facebook. I have attempted using the DNS verification and still receiving an error message. Could you please assist. 

abrahimhaideri
Visitor
1 0 0

hey julie!

i hope you'll see this and reply.

I have purchased my domain from godaddy (which is currently my store's primary domain) and i need to verify it in the facebook business manager.

please help!

Nesrita
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi this didn’t help me i tried all 3 options. Please help

eComInsider
Shopify Partner
154 16 36

how can i help you, please let me know full details

➡️ Exclusive offer - Shopify Trial at $1/month

➡️ Shopify Blogs (Q&A)

➡️ Your;Coffee Tip: my code = a perfect blend!
Nesrita
Visitor
3 0 0
Hello, I have tried everything to verify my Facebook domain and have been unsuccessful. I’ve tried adding the meta tag in the
section. I tried adding the dns code in the TxT section of my dns settings. This has not helped one bit. I really need help.

Best,
Merita jeto-jewelz.com
neonfr
Tourist
3 0 0

For everyone that has the error "VERIFICATION CODE MISMATCH". After almost 2 hours of looking for the issue just figured out what was the problem. It is actually very easy. The new domain you want to connect with Facebook needs to be the Primary domain on Shopify. Mine wasn't and took me so much time to figure it out.

AntiquesFineArt
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Julie,

It does not work for me. I tried to verify my Shopify-managed domain with Facebook, I repeated 2x the method DNS Verification and after 3+ weeks, it still says "domain unverified". 

I contact Shopify support, they redirect me to FB, but FB does not have customer support, not even an email...how can I still verify my domain? 

Jailenjc
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Swaggy, I've found the perfect video on youtube. It helped me do it in 3 minutes. You can type in "confirm shopify domain on facebook" or click this link to go straight to it: DNS Verification for Facebook. I hope this helps you and everyone else having problems with this!

KDubbYa
Visitor
1 0 0

I was having the same issue.  I went to Business Manager in Facebook under Brand Safety and Domains where i selected the option to use DNS to verify my domains.  I copied the DNS Text Entry then went to Shopify, Sales Channel, Domains, Manage, DNS Settings and then Add Custom Record (Text record).  Leave just the "@" in Name box, but past the DNS text you copied from Facebook in the TXT Value box and Save.  Once you have done this, go back to facebook business manager and verify both of your domains...your primary and the other one that we can't even manage se

eComInsider
Shopify Partner
154 16 36

Hi, Did you fix already the problem or not yet?

fell free to connect with me with any issue. 

➡️ Exclusive offer - Shopify Trial at $1/month

➡️ Shopify Blogs (Q&A)

➡️ Your;Coffee Tip: my code = a perfect blend!