Verifying Domain for Facebook

2 0 1

Hello,

I have bought my domain with go daddy and have connected it to my shopify account. However, I am not sure if I need to verify both my go dday domain and my shopify domain?

Please advsie, thank you

Kind regards,

Alisia 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
761 56 179

Hey, @oya-luxe!

I'm glad to hear that you purchased a custom domain. Are you now trying to verify your domain with Facebook? 

If so, keep in mind that the domain you'll need to verify is your Primary domain. Your primary domain is the domain name that customers see in the address bar while they browse your online store, and this would typically be your custom domain, rather than your myshopify.com URL. If you aren't sure which domain is currently set as your primary domain, you can find out by heading to Online store > Domains. 

To verify your domain with Facebook, you'll just need to select the DNS Verification method. Facebook has a help doc that walks you through the domain verification process here. This help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. Since you purchased your domain through GoDaddy, it sounds like your DNS settings are also currently be managed through GoDaddy. With that being the case, you will need to edit the DNS settings directly through your GoDaddy account, by following Facebook's instructions above. 

If you run into any issues, I recommend taking a close look through this thread, as there are quite a few troubleshooting steps that have been outlined and those should help clear things up. Let me know how that goes!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hi Julie,

I've already verified my domain for tiarawears.com, but I have yet to verify the domain tiara-wears.myshopify.comI've followed all the steps in the meta tag verification method for the Shopify domain (see Image 1 below as proof that I've inserted the meta tag into the theme.liquid file). After I've done such, I followed the instructions on Facebook telling me to check the HTML page source of the page http://tiara.wears.myshopify.com, but the meta tag isn't visible, thus resulting into an invalid verification (see Image 2). 

Image 1

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.49.55 PM.png

Image 2

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 1.55.35 PM.png

Hoping that you could help me on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
761 56 179

Hey, @jlokiara!

I'm glad to hear that you have already verified your custom domain. Because it's been successfully verified, you likely don't need to verify your myshopify.com URL. Are you being prompted to do so? 

If so, you'll just need to make sure that it's directly under the <head> tag, as outlined in this help doc. Based on the screenshot you shared, it looks like it may have been added elsewhere in your theme.liquid file, so I suggest double-checking to see if that's the case. 

If you are still being prompted to verify the myshopify.com URL and you are still receiving issues after trying the meta tag method, then it's recommended that you Submit an appeal via the prompt in the Facebook sales channel. This will request that Facebook and Instagram review your verification.

That being said, I'm curious to know what happens when you try pasting the code directly below the <head> tag. Feel free to respond here and let me know! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi, I was wondering, where it says to "Add @ to the Host field" what exactly am I supposed to @?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi @Julie ,

I am having the same issue as @jlokiara.

I was able to successfully verify my custom Domain name on Facebook using the DNS verification method with GoDaddy, but not my fraser-alexander.myshopify.com domain name using the Meta-tag verification method. The reason i need to verify the myshopify domain name is i will use the shopify online store to connect to Facebook and Instagram. 

I do not think this is a Facebook issue, hence i am not sure what i would get out of the Facebook appeal process, can this please be looked into by Shopify?

1.PNG2.PNG

0 Likes
1 0 0

HI! I have the same problem on my Shopify Account. I can´t connect my instagram Shopping to my account.

Im struck by the fact that you mention that DNS authorization is not obligatory for the Instagram account and I would like to see if you could help me to carry out this process that has already been several months behind me.

PROBLEMA.PNG

Thank You! 

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi,

I tried it again after a few hours and it worked without me doing anything different, maybe it just takes some time.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
761 56 179

Hey, @BryanLeang!

Facebook has a help doc that walks you through the domain verification process and how to enter the correct values in your DNS settings hereThis help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. You'll want to pay close attention at about the 1 minute mark, where you'll see that the content you need to enter for the @ host name is facebook-domain-verification=. This video should really help! 

Now, exactly how you edit your DNS settings depends on where your domain is currently managed. Where did you purchase your domain? If you purchased your domain from Shopify, then this can be done directly within your Shopify admin, in Online store > Domains and clicking on your primary domain. From there, you'll see an option for DNS Settings. We also have a help doc on how to edit your Shopify domain's DNS settings that you can refer to as well.

If your domain was purchased through a third-party provider, however, then you will need to edit the DNS settings through your provider's website. Your provider will likely have help documentation that outlines how to do so, but you may also need to reach out to them directly should you need further assistance. 

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
761 56 179

Hey, @Carlos97

Thanks for the screenshot. I just translated that error message and it looks like you haven't yet verified your domain. Is this the case, or did you end up successfully verifying it with Facebook?

If you've already verified your domain with Facebook, then you'll just need to ensure that your Facebook and Instagram accounts are connected. Have you made sure that your Facebook Page settings have the same Instagram account connected as the one you are using, and that this is the same Page connected in your Facebook Channel? You'll also want to ensure that your Instagram account is connected to the Business Manager account that you connected in the Facebook Channel.

If the right accounts are connected and you're still seeing the wrong domain connected, then you will need to submit an appeal to Facebook, by following the prompt in the error message you're seeing within your admin. 

Let me know how that goes! If you are still experiencing the same issue and haven't found success in following any of the suggestions outlined throughout this thread, then it would be super helpful if you can let me know exactly which steps you've tried so I can better assist. 

Thanks!

0 Likes