Verifying Domain for Facebook

Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 71 208

Hey, @FraserAlexander!

I appreciate the screenshots. However, it looks like the first screenshot is from Google Developers Console, rather than your theme's code in Shopify. Did you enter the meta tag in your theme.liquid file, directly below the <head> tag>? If so, do you have a screenshot to share? 

Our help doc on verifying your domain with third-party services will show you exactly where this meta tag should go. While the screenshot example in this help doc is specific to Google, the steps are exactly the same when verifying your domain with Facebook using the meta tag option. 

If the meta tag has been entered in the right place, then you will need to submit an appeal. Facebook is responsible for verifying your domain and if there are any issues with them recognizing the meta tag, then the appeal will prompt them to review your verification. 

I hope this helps! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
EmanueleFluid
1 0 0
0 Likes
Darleen_Witmer2
Shopify Partner
30 0 2

Why are people stating that better to use DNS method when HTML method is easier for most to setup.?

0 Likes
Bluebasil
2 0 2

HI I have tried using DNS setting process to verify my business Facebook Page but it comes up with error:

DNS TXT Record Mismatch
We did not find a matching DNS TXT entry on your domain.

I have checked the TXT record and left for 72 hours - no joy. I have deleted and tried again - still no joy. Please can you advise?

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 71 208

Hey, @Bluebasil! Welcome to the conversation. 

Did you make sure to enter the correct TXT value by following Facebook's help doc that I previously shared in this thread? This help doc also includes a video, which should make it easier to follow along. You'll want to pay close attention at about the 1 minute mark, where you'll see that the content you need to enter for the @ host name is facebook-domain-verification=.

Please let me know if these are the steps you've completed. Keep in mind that if you purchased your domain through a third-party provider, you'll just need to edit your DNS settings directly through your provider. If you purchased your domain through Shopify, then you'll want to review our help doc on editing DNS settings.

If you're still having troubles, a screenshot of your DNS settings would really help. Otherwise, it might be worth trying to verify your domain using the meta tag method

Looking forward to your update!

0 Likes
Darleen_Witmer2
Shopify Partner
30 0 2
No idea why I got this.
I am not associate
0 Likes
SuveenaBali
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi, 

Please can I get some help with verifying my domain for Facebook. 

I've added the meta-tag to the <head> of homepage, and appears well on the html source view of the live site - www.jeenaa.co.uk but the verification still fails. Please kindly help. 

Thanks, 

Suveena 

0 Likes
SuveenaBali
Tourist
5 0 2

Issue with Facebook domain verification.

I’ve added the meta-tag to <head> of the website, it appears in html source view but verification still fails. Attached PDF to show the steps I’ve taken.

I’ve also tried adding https://jeenaa.myshopify.com/ as the domain and repeating the steps, and verification still fails.

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 71 208

Hi, @SuveenaBali!

Thanks for hopping into the conversation. Unfortunately, I'm not able to access the PDF you shared.

However, since you already attempted the meta tag method, it's safe to say that you'll need to go through Facebook's appeal process, as suggested above. When you do so, please select the option indicating that you have changed your domain. This will let Facebook and Instagram know that you are using a custom domain and should resolve the issue! Keep in mind that it may not be immediate, as Facebook will need to review your submission.

Keep me posted!

0 Likes
Aquarellabrazil
1 0 0

8FA6E7F7-D817-427C-A6CA-5EC9349DBE6A.png

B533C030-B215-4F41-BB73-7478E33C1FFE.png

 I’m having the same issue, i pasted the meta-tag verification from Facebook and i still cannot verify my account.

0 Likes