Verifying Domain for Facebook

Highlighted
2 0 0
Nope, unfortunately still struggling with getting this sorted as well!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also having same problem. Instagram says I need to verify my shopify  doamin.

Can you please assist

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Yes, I was able to get it to work. I would love to help you. Where are you
stuck?
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
I will absolutely try to help. You need to have a third party domain as
your primary domain (at least I do and it worked for me). Then you need to
put the facebook verify thing that you get on the business facebook page
INTO your myshopify.com code. this last thing is what verified everything
for me.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Does it matter if you have different collections, because not all my products are showing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am so frustrated with this whole thing. I can't seem to reach anyone from shopify....fb support keeps referring me back to the links with the tutorials....its like can we just get this fixed....so I can move on. It is insane how much time I have added and removed different things trying to get a fix.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Yes I’m having this same issue! No one has helped me from Facebook or IG
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

For me the meta way worked to verify the myshopify domain, but now when I want to tag products it says the wrong domain is connected. of course it is! I dont use the myshopify one!!! 

Any idea how to change the domains in instagram?

It also shows now 3 catalogs...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 51 155

Thanks for letting me know that the meta tag method worked for you, @wtpbmx!

Now, because you're seeing multiple catalogs, it sounds like you previously had the older Facebook Shop sales channel installed. Is that the case? If so, it's totally normal to see multiple catalogs and the catalog you'll need to use should be the one titled Shopify Product Catalog. Then, you can delete unwanted catalogs directly in your Catalog Manager by following these steps:

1. Go to https://business.facebook.com
  2. Click on Assets
  3. Click on Catalog manager
  4. Select the catalog by clicking on the checkbox to the left of it
  5. Click on the Delete catalogues button on the right

As for Instagram, which product catalog are you seeing there? Have you also made sure that your Facebook Page settings have the same Instagram account connected as the one you are using, and that this is the same Page connected in your Facebook Channel? You'll also want to ensure that your Instagram account is connected to the Business Manager account that you connected in the Facebook Channel. If the right accounts are connected and you're still seeing the wrong domain connected, then you will need to submit an appeal to Facebook.

For anyone else in the Shopify Community experiencing problems verifying their domain with Facebook, the appeals process is definitely the next step you'll need to take if you have already verified your domain with Instagram but are seeing the wrong domain. If you are unable to verify your domain due to the fact that you are not using a custom domain, then you can verify your myshopify.com URL by following the meta tag method mentioned above. We also have instructions on how to verify using the meta tag method here.

In order to provide further troubleshooting steps to those still experiencing the same issue, please let me know exactly which of the steps outlined in this thread you've tried so far; the more information you can provide, the better I can assist! Alternatively, you can reach out to our 24/7 live support team who would be happy to walk you through the process in realtime.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Salut ,
Merci pour votre aide, en effet j'ai eu le même problème avec la vérification de domaine .myshopify.com Maintenant, la connexion est réussie via IG, mais je ne peux toujours pas étiqueter mes produits sur shopify car ils appartiennent à l'autre domaine.
Je vois que mes produits sont étiquetés sur IG , Shopify mais ils sont flous.
J'ai fait appel à Facebook pour changer de domaine mais sans succès, quelqu'un pour trouver la solution à ce dernier problème?
Merci beaucoup
Bonne journée

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-15 at 02.02.25.jpeg

0 Likes