Video in slideshow not resizing to screensize

Matches_Malone
Visitor
2 0 0

I'll start by saying I know very little-nothing about coding. I'm using the Brooklyn theme and it doesn't natively support video as a slide in a slideshow. I found some code that allowed me to use an mp4 in the slideshow. The video and the images are basically the background of my homepage. The problem is that the video seems to be locked at its native resolution (1080p) and aligned in the top left corner. It works perfectly on a 1080p display but it falls apart on larger 4k displays (video too small) and smaller mobile displays (video too big).  I need it to scale the height to fill or shrink based on larger and smaller resolutions and be centered. The images in the slideshow do this just fine.

I'm attaching an image of what my 4k screen looks like that illustrates the problem. You can see that it doesn't fill, it's aligned to the top left, and there's empty grey behind it.

This is the modified code I'm using for the slideshow.

Capture.JPG

Replies 2 (2)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hello

Can you please share your store's URL so I can take a look?

Thanks

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
Matches_Malone
Visitor
2 0 0

Sure! The site hasn't launched yet, let me know if this link works (this is my first Shopify page).

https://thecoffeebrewerslogbook.com/?key=348c441adb33749258589c7cc42ee6259bf0f974ef93cf0a1cd64bcbdbc...