Video missing from Testament theme fancybox

Highlighted

If I have 8 photos and 1 video, the video shows up fine on the product page... but as soon as I enlarge the photos (fancybox), it only shows 1 of 8 photos and completely overlooks the video. Is this a limitation with fancybox or is this an ERROR with the Testament theme?

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Please share your store URL, page URL and also password (if your store has one), I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted

Can't. Site is not live yet.

Do you have experience with the Testament theme? Do you have an example of video working in fancybox?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sorry Diego, I didn't realize I could send a preview link. This is a fresh install of Testament. This page has 8 photos and 1 video. Video plays fine, but doesn't show up in fancybox.

https://ttw75v4tihrgmnpb-742062.shopifypreview.com/collections/all/products/gothic-wide-3-row-cuff-b...

Contacted theme developer support (We are Underground ) and they said "fancbox is not supposed to work with the video, and it's something we can't enable", yet fancybox web site says otherwise...

https://fancyapps.com/fancybox/3/docs/

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.07.55 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

Thanks for the URL, I just checked it.

It would require Liquid/CSS/Javascript knowledge to implement what you're trying to achieve, I'm afraid that unfortunately there is no simple copy-paste solution otherwise I'd happily guide you through.

In case you're unfamiliar with these technologies you'll likely want to hire a Shopify developer to assist you.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

"It would require Liquid/CSS/Javascript knowledge..."

I have that.

"I'm afraid that unfortunately there is no simple copy-paste solution..."

This is the Technical Q&A section, right? That's exactly what these forums are for. That's why I'm here. If someone else has done it, there most certainly is a simple copy-paste solution. Or, if someone else ISN'T having the same issue, they would state it and it would help me to determine if it's simply an error on my end. 

Thanks for weighing in and giving your opinion. Have a great day.

0 Likes