Videos preview not working on mobile

Smicker39
Tourist
17 0 1

Hope someone can help a noob out with this issue....

I have videos for some products, on the website they work find and have a preview picture. On mobile, the preview pic doesn't appear, so it is near impossible to see that the product features a video to play? Anyone know a fix for this, would be really appreciated!

Heres an example (doesn't have a preview on mobile): https://winewinz.com/products/portable-electric-wine-opener?variant=37782009872536

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1046 119 236

Hey, @Smicker39 

I wasn't able to replicate your issue that you are seeing on your end with the video not previewing/working on mobile. On my phone, I am able to see the video and play it: 

The good news is that it seems to be a local issue with your particular device and it's likely working for others too. Have you tried checking out the webpage on a different browser or mobile device?

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Smicker39
Tourist
17 0 1

How strange! thanks for the fast reply though! I am using an Iphone 11/safari, can you let me know what device you tested on please? Thanks again!

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1046 119 236

@Smicker39 I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9 (Android). I would recommend trying to clear your browser's cookies + cache files and even try viewing the website on a different browser (Such as Chrome or Firefox).

Let me know if this helps!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes