Want discount for Recharge Members OR logged in

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

I have a subscription box website that we are running recharge recurring billing on. I have researched and asked this in many different places to no avail. We want the members who have signed up on our website via recharge app to get 20% off of all additional products on our site. They will get items in their quarterly box, and if they want MORE, they can log in and get additional pieces at a discount. A perk of being a member. 

Everyone keeps telling me to do a discount code, which feels a little clunky. I’ve talked to Loyalty Lion, recharge directly and other developers and they all direct me to a coupon code. Which means anyone with a coupon code (member or not) will get the discount. And members will always have to remember to plug in a discount code. 

IF I have to do the discount code, can I add code that shows a banner or some kind of code ONLY when logged in? That way only logged in users will see the coupon code? 

OR how is there no way to do this? What am I missing? Identify that the user is logged in, and apply a 20% off coupon to cart or product.

thank you!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey everwrap, I have the same question! Any luck?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 1 5

Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge applying a promo code would be the best be within Shopify.

You do have the ability to show the banner reminding of the promo code to logged in users only. 

{% if customer %}
Code for banner here
{% endif %}

You could also automatically apply that promo code in the link to the checkout page for logged in users.

something like the following ...

{% if customer %}
<a href="/checkout&discount=discount_code_here">Checkout</a>
{% else %}
<a href="/checkout">Checkout</a>
{% endif %}

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Max but these are definitely more complex than I'm looking for. Need to be able to create new discounts and manage them easily. I found an app called Automatic Discounts I'me testing out now. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 1 5

Got ya.

You would be able to set it up so that you can edit the discount code from within the customizer and easily change it, then have the code for the link or top bar pull that discount code.

However, unless you are a Shopify plus member you can only apply one discount at a time. So that might bot be sufficient anyways

Hopefully the app works out for you!

0 Likes