Waypoint Buildify and 2 times JQuery

Tourist
10 1 0

Hi there,

I retrieve a Shopify Theme of a developer who left the company (so no explanation) where I'm currently working now and I'm chasing bug that I didn't create.

In my store I have buildify installed that is loading JQuery (buildify.assets.liquid)

<script type="text/javascript" id="buildify_no_conflict_jquery">
    window.___$ = (typeof $ !== "undefined") ? $.noConflict() : false;
    window.___jQuery = (typeof jQuery !== "undefined") ? jQuery.noConflict() : false;
</script>

{{ 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js' | script_tag }}
{{ 'https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.12.1/jquery-ui.min.js' | script_tag }}
<script type="text/javascript" id="buildify_no_conflict_jquery">
    window.$b_jQuery = jQuery;
    window.BuildifyTheme = {
        'money_format': 					{{ shop.money_format | json }},
        'money_with_currency_format': 	    {{ shop.money_with_currency_format  | json }},
        'secure_url':						{{ shop.secure_url | json }}
    };

window.$ = window.___$;
    window.jQuery = window.___jQuery;
</script>

In my theme.liquid.js file I also have a load of JQuery : 

<html lang="{{ shop.locale }}">
  <head>
  {% include 'elevar-head' %}
    {% render 'orbislabs_sitemap_noindex' %}
    {% include 'shop-sheriff-amp' %}

<script async src="{{ 'jquery.min.js' | asset_url }}"></script>

later at the end of the body between 2 scripts :

{% include 'buildify-assets' %}

First weird behaviour : sometimes when I reload the home page : I have a bunch of errors that seems to be linked to JQuery :

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 14.58.35.png

The other weird behaviour appears on the collections page where I try to install infinite scroll. I got the following error randomly, it seems to depend on whether one JQuery or the other is loaded : 

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 15.00.45.png

I'm a bit lost with the good way to use JQuery. It seems that loading 2 times JQuery is a bad Idea but what I understand of the buildify loading of JQuery is that it's in no conflict mode. 

Does someone has faced this kind of issue ?

0 Likes