Why does my website only work on hotspot and not WiFi?

ConnorMuscat1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, my website on shopify doesn't let other people open it unless they're on hotspot, you can't connect with wifi as it will say "This site can’t provide a secure connectionpineapplepawsco.com sent an invalid response.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR". I've tried changing the DNS settings multiple times but still have had no luck. My other original domain "pineapple-paws-co.myshopify.com" works perfectly fine so I'm confused with what it could be. The status of my current pineapplepawsco.com domain says its connected yet I am having no luck.

Reply 1 (1)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @ConnorMuscat1,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for sharing your store URL which really helps me test what may be the possible issue.

Normally when some customers are unable to get to your website, it tends to be either a localized issue such as their browser or device, etc, or an issue with the DNS records. That specific message usually means that it is an issue with the DNS records though.

I took a look at your website using this website, and I can see multiple A records, but I do not see the recommend A record, which is the reason why this message appears for some customers. You should only have one A record with a value of 23.227.38.65. I will show below what needs to be changed.

28-55-8dq75-ta8du

Once you change this, the DNS records can take up to 72 hours for the domain propagation to complete, although normally this is faster. Then, your customers should not be seeing this issue.

Let me know how you get on, or if you have any additional questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog