Website domain registered through shopify not resolved

xplosiv
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi guys,

I have been working on my store for a few days on and off. I registered a branded domain through shopify about a month ago, and when I tried to visit the site yesterday it was not resolving (shows an error message as if you went to a non existent website). 

I contacted support who told me tech support is working on "right now", however it is now a full day later and it still hasn't been fixed. 

Is there something I'm missing here? It was working fine a few days ago, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Please help if you have had a similar issue.

Thank you! 

Replies 4 (4)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @xplosiv 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

If you could share your ticket number and the domain in question I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Typically, with domain issues such as this, it can take 24-48 hours to resolve. This is generally how long it can take servers to fully update DNS Settings and there is no way to manually expedite this. Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

xplosiv
Tourist
7 0 1
Hello,

Actually I contacted support for a second time and the solution was quite
simple (I should have been told this the first time I contacted support,
but nevermind now)... the problem was that my registrar information had an
email from the same domain it was registered. After I changed it, the
website started to resolve fine again. I don't recall changing it because
my website was working fine for a week or so without this being an issue.
Faiq
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey i'm facing the same issue. I have bought a domain tho and my website says it'll open soon. It had been 5 days and my store website is not opening.

Faiq
Visitor
2 0 0

Please help me through this.