Website gone my domain is suddenly not working need some help please

t94
Excursionist
19 0 5

So today suddenly my website is unreachable the domain not working i think my domain may have possibly expired. I went on shopify to verify my domain and this is what it said:

A and CNAME entered incorrectly

Check that you've entered the required values, and verify your connection again.

A RECORD (@) 

Current IP address: [Empty]
Required IP address: 23.227.38.65 Copy

CNAME (www) 

Current value: [Empty]
Required value: shops.myshopify.com 

The problem is though when i go to the third party domain supplier godaddy where i purchased the domain it says my domain was not found, not sure what to do from here if anyone can help please let me know my domain is www.arcmoon.com 

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 128 172

Hi, @t94,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for sharing your domain with me, this allowed me to run some tests to see if I could locate potential issues. I took a look at your domain on this website and it is showing me the incorrect DNS records, they may be of a default version from your domain host, or they may be something else. This would be a direct reason for the error message you have shared, as you mentioned, the correct A record should have a value of 23.227.38.65 and the CNAME record should have a value of shops.myshopify.com.

However, you mentioned that you're unable to find the domain on the domain hosting site, have you tried looking for the domain without the "www." or are you able to log in there?

Another thing I would recommend doing is to check your emails to ensure you were not due to renew your domain, as this could be another potential reason why it is not appearing for you. Additionally, I would also say to reach out to GoDaddy directly, as they will be able to assist you with the issue of the domain not appearing for you. 

Once you know that there is not an issue with your domain, then you can try to connect the domain to your store once more.

Let me know how you get on!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes