Website load transient incomplete

weili
6 0 0

Hi

This is weili,

my website :www.kigrumi.com

When I open my website,Incomplete loading will always appear briefly, as shown bellow.

1-5.JPG

Return to normal after 2 seconds.

My Theme buy from a third party, I want to know if it’s Theme problem or something else

Thank you

Replies 5 (5)

tim
Shopify Expert
3286 236 1184

It's definitely caused/should be mitigated by the theme. 

Looks like the theme has a loading animation to hide this, but it was disabled in Layout Hub settings? Also, I guess it was still looking ugly after loading animation turned off.

Though It's possible to reduce the time this unformatted menu data is shown by  slightly modifying the megamenu HTML.

If my post is helpful, consider liking it -- it will help others with similar problem to find a solution.
weili
6 0 0

Thank you for answer 

The theme developer has replied to me and told me that This issue happens because the loading of your elements goes faster than the styles and scripts are loaded, you can add this code to theme style.css.liquid.

thank you 

weili

tim
Shopify Expert
3286 236 1184

No, it's not quite like this. 

First of all -- it's theme developer's responsibility to ensure that site looks reasonable even on slow connections, not yours.

The stylesheet is loaded and applied pretty fast; the problem is that megamenu element has no proper class assigned initially, so no styles apply to it. The class is only assigned by the scripts.js javascript and that one is only run on "load" even, which is pretty late for such a critical page element.

If my post is helpful, consider liking it -- it will help others with similar problem to find a solution.
weili
6 0 0

What do you suggest me do, can you fix it

tim
Shopify Expert
3286 236 1184

Yep, mail me at the address below.