Why won't my Shopify website load with wifi on?

CoconutBeach
Tourist
6 0 1

My website is www.coconutbeachtoiletries.com and for some reason, my store won't load with wifi on. Ive tried accessing my store with wifi on both MacBook and iPhone and i keep getting an error similar to the attachment.ive attached an error message from both safari and chrome. I spoke with my internet service provider and they ran validation tests and confirmed that my internet speeds were good and my devices should be able to connect to my website. My website will work with LTE data on, but not wifi.

Also, i think its worth mentioning that my domain, www.coconutbeachtoiletries.com, was recently transferred from google to shopify. My previous shopify url is rejuvination-station.myshopify.com

Thank you so much

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 5.13.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-09 at 6.54.57 PM.png

Replies 10 (10)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @CoconutBeach!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing your store over wifi. It definitely is strange. I was able to visit your store on wifi here in Ireland so it looks like a localised issue.

20-21-gqrd7-o4ulf 

Can you try clearing your cache and cookies and ensure you are using an up to date version of Google Chrome. Once you have done that, can you try logging in again for me and let me know how you get on?

I can see in your error messages that it mentions the domain so it could have been that your domain was in the process of swapping over platforms and it wasn't completed when you were searching it at the time but all should be working as expected now.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions at all. Thank you!

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

JMSHondas
Visitor
1 0 0

@Lulu 

Im getting the same issue, works on my phone fine till I connect to the home wifi, got customers and suppliers that are having the same issue. 
After talking to some of them, they are age restrictions set with their internet provider (as do I at home) which seems to be causing the issue. Im not sure how to overcome this issue as I can't see why my URL would be classified as over 18's only. Ive got no age restrictions set on my site.

Maybe that could be causing the same issue as @CoconutBeach, can you advise Lulu on how to overcome this issue

jjdeters
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi JMSHonas. I'm having that exact issue you just described, with my own shop [cocoscollective.shop]. Were you able to find a solution to the issue? Thanks in advance!

jjdeters
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Lulu , @JMSHondas , and @CoconutBeach , were any of you able to find a resolution to this issue? I'm having the exact same issue you described above.

Thanks!

Joe

David_Weru
Shopify Partner
177 16 43

I had this issue.  This is how you fix it.

The reason your site works on mobile but sometimes not on wifi has to do with nameservers.

These are the steps to solve this.

1: Ask shopify to check if your domain is set correctly.  CNAMES, ect.  (use top domains if you can.  subdomains get trickier.)

2: Once that is all set, go to where you bought your domain, and have them look at your problem.  (see if you can chat, call and email and have your site settings on a different tab or window to follow along)

///explaination of 2

2.1  When setting your nameservers on some sites, you get to use the domain provider's nameservers or the ones you provide.

2.1.1  Sometimes they get reset and take time to propagate (different internet service providers use different name servers.  When they can't find your site on their default name servers, you get a page not found or a similar error page.)

2.1.2  You can manually cycle through this on your browser settings like I did, but the page will appear and disappear unpredictably.  It's a waste of time, don't do it.

2.1.3  Name servers refresh at different intervals and when they do, sometimes your site cannot be found until the changes have been updated throughout the internet.  (service providers have name servers and the different update times leads to say mobile being up while sometimes wifi is down.  You won't notice until you try different access points like you did, or say, try accessing it on a public wifi ect)

//end of expaination of 2

3:Your domain provider (where you registered your website name) will ask you if it's ok to use their name servers.

4: Say yes.   

5:  You're done, your site should load everywhere now.  

6: If something's still not right, repeat steps 1 and 3.

Danyelli
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi David, 

I'm really hoping this solution works for me, but can I ask you something before I make any changes?

The Nameservers are already set to "default" which is GoDaddy's. Should I be changing them to something else (even a fake one just to trigger a change) and then save, then go back in like 5 mins later and change back to Default?

Or maybe I should change to Shopify's Nameservers? I'm not even sure if that's an option or not. But this is outrageous that there are clearly hundreds of people experiencing the same exact issue but there aren't any solutions. Your post is literally the first one I've found that could potentially work!

ccohen
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu, I'm having a similar issue with my store

https://www.happysockspanama.com/

I get the following message when trying to access it through a WiFi Network:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.happysockspanama.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Can you help me determine the cause of this error and provide a solution? I appreciate your help!

vikrantdev
Visitor
1 0 2

Hey I also had same issue but i manage to fix it  and its very simple go to your wifi adapter setting right click on it select properties 

1) Select internet protocol ipv4 click on its properties

step 1step 1step 2step 2

2) select use the following DNS option

3) Search in google FREE DNS and input there

Your site will load on your Wifi like magic

Thanks

Vikrant

Hanan4
Visitor
3 0 0

it really worked like magic.. thank you so much

themobileherf