What is wrong in this code? ...

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi guys, I'm trying to customize my button in the "order confirmation" email to redirect them to a specific page of in my website.

The original code is:

<td class="button__cell"><a href="{{ order_status_url }}" class="button__text">View your order</a></td>

I changed it to:

<td class="button__cell"><a href=“{{ https://cammunication.club/pages/aprende-a-crear-tu-propia-tienda-online-shopify }}“ class="button__text">View your order</a></td>

and I also tried with:

<td class="button__cell"><a href=“/pages/aprende-a-crear-tu-propia-tienda-online-shopify“ class="button__text">View your order</a></td>

And the button appears with my new message (in Spanish) but it doesn't take you to the page... It just fails and goes to a blank screen... 

I'm selling some information that is in that page, so I need my buyers to be able to access it from that button.

Cheers guys, stay safe.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2265 496 647

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there,

I can see the your code has double quote problem.

Please try following code

<td class="button__cell"><a href="{{ https://cammunication.club/pages/aprende-a-crear-tu-propia-tienda-online-shopify }}" class="button__text">View your order</a></td>

OR

<td class="button__cell"><a href="/pages/aprende-a-crear-tu-propia-tienda-online-shopify" class="button__text">View your order</a></td>

Hope this will work.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Do you need custom changes on store ? Hire me.
Feel free to Contact me on dmw.webartisan@gmail.com
Follow us on Instagram @dmw.webartisan
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey mate! Thanks for your help!

First option didn't worked at all (It said: Redirect Notice: The page you were on is trying to send you to an invalid URL blabla...)

And with the 2 option the button wasn't doing anything...

BUT I added "cammunication.com" and paste it like this:

<td class="button__cell"><a href="cammunication.club/pages/aprende-a-crear-tu-propia-tienda-online-shopify" class="button__text">View your order</a></td>

AND IT WORKED!

So basically you have me the last piece to finish the puzzle haha Cheers.

1 Like