When a picture is selected, the price doesn't change to match

Pomelo
Tourist
8 0 1

In a product with variants that aren't all the same price, it is important that the pictures match the prices shown.  When you select a variant from the drop down, the price and picture update accordingly.  However, when you click on a picture, the price and variant from the drop down list do NOT update.  This can be a big problem and very confusing for customers.  I am using the debut theme.  Can someone advise what I am doing wrong?  Is there some code missing?  How can I ensure that when someone clicks on the picture, that the variant and price match?  Thank you.

This is correct.This is correct.Here I clicked on the image of the two-pack but the price and color do not updateHere I clicked on the image of the two-pack but the price and color do not updateOnly when I select the Multi choice from the color drop down does the price update correctly.Only when I select the Multi choice from the color drop down does the price update correctly.

0 Likes
pvoulg
Shopify Partner
147 24 42

Hi @Pomelo,

You can check out this Shopify tutorial, which does what you need. Keep in mind that the code blocks linked from GitHub are kind of outdated, but you might be able to find newer versions in the comments. 

Since you're using the Debut theme, you can also ask for help implementing the solution from the support team, as it is stated in the tutorial.

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
Pomelo
Tourist
8 0 1
Thank you pvoulg. Do you know if the price will also change? This is my issue.
0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hey, @PomeloHelen here from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community!

As @pvoulg kindly mentioned above, there is a tutorial for Selecting variants by clicking their images. This customization will change all variant options associated with the particular image, including the price. 

Are you comfortable with coding? If not, and you’d prefer some assistance with it, I am happy to check in with our Theme department to see if they can do it for you. Just let me know!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Pomelo
Tourist
8 0 1
Hello Helen,

It would be wonderful if someone could help me with this as some of the comments show that the variant changes to undefineable. Let me know if someone would be able to help me? Many thanks.
0 Likes
Pomelo
Tourist
8 0 1

I tried to add the code in this tutorial myself and feel like I followed the instructions exactly, but nothing seems to have changed in my site. https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-select-variants-by-clicking-images?utm_campaign=Guru_+...

For the first code that is copied at the end of the Sections - product-template.liquid, this goes on the line after {% endschema %}, correct?  After line 700?  What might I be missing?

Thank you,

Lynn

0 Likes