When clicking on checkout it redirects back to cart - cant get to checkout page

khn
1 0 0

Hi I am having an issue where when I click on the "Checkout" button of my site it redirects back to the "Shopping cart"page and thus you cant get to checkout to make payment.  When i look at the address bar i see at the end "no cookies from redirect1" appear but i haven't setup any redirects.

Could anyone help with this?

0 Likes

could share me your store url?so i can check it .

Shopify theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

0 Likes
htuckwiller
3 0 0

hi there - my shop is doing this too... the weird thing is that it is ONLY doing it on my chrome browser. I tested it on my phone, it works fine. I tested it on safari, works fine. I tested it on another desktop chrome browser on another device, works fine. so it has sometime to do with my browser I believe but I cannot figure out what? I have spent hours trying to figure out what the problem is. I cleared cookies and uninstalled/reinstalled chrome - that didn't work. any thoughts? 

my URL is bluehollyhock.com

password is: holly

Thank you!

0 Likes

go to product-template 

and i will get this code in it 

<input type="submit" name="checkout" id="cartCheckout" class="btn cartDWcheckout" value="Proceed to Checkout" disabled="disabled">

just remove the "disabled="disabled"" from the code than it will work

final code will be like this :

<input type="submit" name="checkout" id="cartCheckout" class="btn cartDWcheckout" value="Proceed to Checkout">

Shopify theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

0 Likes
abbyadd
1 0 0

Did you get an answer to this as  mine is doing the same?

0 Likes
Ashaan
2 0 0

Hi @ashiqueh4, I had the same issue and was trying to follow your instruction. Do you mean to make the change to product-template.liquid? I am not able to find the line of code in this file you have specified to make the modification. (I am using the Debut theme). Would greatly appreciate your help. 
Thanks!

0 Likes
Gordon_Chan
Shopify Expert
17 0 5

I don't think modifying the theme code help. As it works sometime and not work another time.

From my investigation I can see from Chrome network panel, it attempts to reach the /checkout page, but then it being redirect back to cart.

It shall require Shopify Technical support engage on such issue, as it seems there is logic check on /checkout and it match a case causing it redirect back to cart.

It happens when I have login for some time in the store, e.g. over 24hrs. Upon clicking checkout button, the browser did perform form submit to /cart, then attempt to /checkout, but then it is being redirect back to /cart.

I wonder it is caused by any outdated cookie.

Look forward any Shopify support engagement.

http://gordon-chan.net
I am a Freelance Web Engineer. Dedicated my life to e-commerce development.
daviddietz
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi, Gordon_Chan. My store is doing that very thing now. Do you have any additional information/steps that I can look into?

0 Likes
daviddietz
Tourist
6 0 2

***UPDATE***

If you happen to be using some type of "preload.js" script to speed up your site (so when users hover over a link it preloads that URL), you might want to put an if/else or unless condition around that so that it DOES NOT LOAD on the cart page.

In my case, I found that it was running on every page of my site, including the cart page, and I have an "Empty Cart" button on that page. Whenever a user inadvertently hovers or scrolls their mouse over that button/link, it's preloading the "/clear" URL and clearing the cart. See the attached video for reference.

0 Likes
Gordon_Chan
Shopify Expert
17 0 5

Hi David,

My developing site does not persisting have that cart loop happen. This causes it much hard to debug. Fired a email to Shopify support but it doesn’t help and it is hard to esculate further as it does not happen all the time /-\.

I think your case is a bit different because you are having the clear cart button as a link instead of a button trigger. Also it seldom to have clear cart as that dominant (believe you dont want customer to re-add item if they accidentally treat it as checkout button.

http://gordon-chan.net
I am a Freelance Web Engineer. Dedicated my life to e-commerce development.
0 Likes