When connecting my domain to my account it says, "A store with that domain name already exists".

Gjaggi
1 0 0

Hey,

I bought a new domain yesterday from go daddy and was trying to connect it to my store but apparently this domain already exists with other store, which doesn't make any sense.

Could you please get back to me ASAP?

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Screenshot_2021-02-17 Retailore ~ Domains ~ Connect existing domain ~ Shopify.png

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1697 180 499

Hey there, @Gjaggi 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. It looks like the previous owner of the domain also had a Shopify account and did not remove the domain from their store when they closed their account. I would love to make this domain available for you to connect to your store. To do so, I will need for you to log in to your GoDaddy DNS Settings and send me a screenshot showing the domain in question as well as the DNS Records. Once I have this I can verify that you are the new owner of this domain and I will be able to make it available for you. 

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend taking a look at our introductory guide to Shopify here in our Help Center. The Help Center is packed with brilliant resources on everything Shopify-related to help you get started. 

What is it that you are planning on selling with Shopify? I would love to know more about your business so that I can provide more specific resources to help you get started.

In the meantime, as you are getting prepared to launch your store soon I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. We also have this great Buyer Trust 101 post which goes through how to make your store more trustworthy to customers so that they will check out. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes