Why I'm ranking for currency keywords?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hi,

I'm working om SEO on all of my stores and they started ranking on tons of currency keywords like.

My keyword + currency
Currency + my keyword

Necklace Kuwaiti dinar
Necklace dollar
Necklace Australia

turkey lira usd

$99.00 in indian rupees

53 yuan to naira

belize dollar to peso

Why?

I was using best currency converter app which I uninstalled now.

Please suggest.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I've got the same issue on my site for funny greeting cards  . It's quite annoying. Anyone got a fix for it? TTFN Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted

This app adds a ton of currency related text to the header and footer of each page: 

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.24.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.24.29 PM.png

I'm not familiar with this app (will take a look) but I would suggest moving the currency conversion code to a single page with a noindex meta tag then link to that page for customers to change their currency. 

If you like having the currency selector in the header and footer you can put the above page in an iframe. It will not affect SEO as the noindex meta tag is given on the source page, the page in the iframe. 

Most importantly I would also bring this to the app developer's attention.

A 3rd option –and, I think this is what the app developers should do– is to not render the box when Google Bot crawls the page. 

ScreenStaring
Software Development & Consulting
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, I will take a look and get back to you. 

ScreenStaring
0 Likes
Highlighted

Actually it looks like you've resolved it, is that correct?

ScreenStaring
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi again,

I removed the converter but I’m still ranking for the words even recently. Anything else you can spot?

Cheers Dan
0 Likes