Why Shopify Store doesn't support Internet Explorer Browser-Version 11

MKMUMU
Excursionist
19 0 1

I have tried clearing cache,updating my browser...but of no use..What should be done to support the theme to run on IE-11 version,that also on PC..

Please suggest..

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1998 150 427

Hi, @MKMUMU

As of March 2018, Shopify stopped supporting any admin related issues when using Internet Explorer 11. The reason behind this is because Microsoft launched "Microsoft Edge," which replaced Internet Explorer 11. You will want to use one of the supported browsers on your PC which should resolve the admin related issues you're experiencing: 

If you're still experiencing issues after installing one of the support browsers, then let me know. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MKMUMU
Excursionist
19 0 1

Thank You for Your quick reply...

Actually some of our customer use IE version 11 on PC and it is not possible for them to continue.I possibly can't ask my customer to change their browser.In that case what should i do?

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1998 150 427

@MKMUMU 

We stopped supporting Internet Explorer 11 for admin related issues, meaning that storefronts should still work on Internet Explorer 11, so long as the theme you are using is optimized for that browser. As it is an older browser, it will be harder to optimize the theme, though, doing so should help resolve the issues you're seeing. Are you using a Shopify free theme, or are you using a third-party theme? If a Shopify theme, then I can gather further details on the issues you're experiencing, verify the account, and escalate the issue up to our theme support. However, if you're using a third-party theme, then it will require reaching out to the theme developer or hiring a Shopify Expert

piconsulting
Tourist
4 0 1

Is there a good or recommended way with Shopify Plus to let users know it doesnt work well with IE and to suggest they download Edge?  My team is experienced with liquid and scripts, just not sure the best way to do this. Thoughts?

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1998 150 427

@piconsulting 

That'd be outside my area of expertise I'm afraid; however, if you have a Plus account, the accounts Merchant Success Manager should be able to help connect you with either a developer, or our FED team to see what can be setup. If you're unable to connect with the stores MSM, or if the store does not have an MSM, let me know as I can verify the account to see who would be the best person to connect you with. 

piconsulting
Tourist
4 0 1

We worked with Turbo theme and they released an update to solve the IE problem. Thanks!

Alexandra14
2 0 0

Hi, 

I had the theme "Grid". I bought it on shopify. 

It is not working on internet explorer. Most of my client uses internet explorer. Can you do something to resolve this issue? 

Thanks

0 Likes