Why is my shopify payments on hold

soulhealth
Excursionist
17 2 3

This was fine before. I changed the address, then cancelled and changed it back again as I didn't want my home address showing on invoices. 

Now the payment gateway is on hold. There was a banner saying I need to provide my ABN, but half an hour ago I clicked to say I am not registered for GST, and the banner has now disappeared. 

second question is how do I make it so that my home address does not show on my invoices? Does it need to show an address on the invoice at all? 

soulhealth_0-1611287337989.png

Replies 5 (5)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

Hi, @soulhealth

If those banners are appearing, then we'll need to verify the store and escalate your account up to our Accounts team for further review. They'll be able to provide insight into why the hold has been placed, and the next steps that can be taken to remove the hold (if applicable).

That said, I'm not sure what invoices you're referring to. Are you using Order Printer, and sending invoices with your packages, or something else? If you could provide further context on where it's appearing, then I can help with sourcing an answer to your question. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

soulhealth
Excursionist
17 2 3
Hello and thanks for your response.

With the invoicing, it’s the automatic invoice from Shopify that is attached to the order completed email.
I don’t want my home address on it as my items post straight from the suppliers.
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@soulhealth 

As far as I know, our systems do not attach an invoice to the Order Confirmation email (I tested this on my store to confirm). Would you happen to have an example of this that you can share? Are you using any apps that would add further information? Alternatively, the information could have also been added to the template of your order confirmation email. You can find out by viewing the template in Settings/Notifications. 

soulhealth
Excursionist
17 2 3
Not a problem thank you. I realised that it was through Spocket that the invoice was being sent, and that has been sorted now.

Have you heard back regarding the ticket you raised with why my payment gateway is on hold?
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@soulhealth 

Great to hear you were able to find where the invoice was coming from. As for your email, it hasn't been escalated yet as the store needed to be verified first. Now that you've responded to the email, I can help have the issue escalated. I'll follow up with you on that email later today.