Why paypal express checkout isn't showing on the checkout page ?

1 0 0

Hi!

I wanted to know why paypal express checkout isn't showing on my checkout page while I correctly connected paypal to my shopify account in the paiement provider menu of my store? :

000.JPGHere is one of my other stores, where paypal express checkout is actually showing : 

002.JPG

Thanks in advance for helping!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 36 98

Hey, there!

The PayPal button can appear in several places within the checkout process; the Cart, the first page of the Checkout, and the Payment Screen. Depending on the template, you will see the PayPal button on the Checkout Page 1, or the Cart, but not both. To get this switched up in your store, you'll need to alter the coding of your theme by following the steps below.

The instructions that follow will vary a bit from one theme to another, however, you'll want to start off by navigating to Online Store/Themes/Actions/Edit code. From here, you'll need to locate "cart.liqiud" then use Command + F (Mac) or Control + F (PC) to locate "content_for_addtional_checkout_buttons."

Once you have, you'll want to add {% comment %} and {% endcomment %} around the chunk of coding to tell the system to ignore it. The end result should look something like this: 

16-17-8vhdi-9t2wl

Let me know how that turns out!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi, I have the same problem.

Paypal express checkout button is showing on the cart page, but it's NOT showing on the first page of checkout page?

I want Paypal express checkout button also display on the top of the first page of checkout page, who can tell me how to do so?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 36 98

Hey, @visualseawind!

Afraid this wouldn't be possible as the button can only appear on one page or the other and not both. You'll need to decide which page will be better suited for the button and adjust accordingly. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

So how do you choose which one you want it on? Seems like what you wrote above only tells you how to remove it from the cart. I removed it, but it still does not show on the first page of checkout (information). 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 36 98

@HRWill 

If you remove the button from the cart page, it should automatically appear on the first page of your checkout and vice versa, if you remove it from the first page of your checkout, it should appear on the cart page. Are you using a Shopify free theme, or a third-party theme? 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am using OOTSB Turbo theme. I commented it out on the cart, and nothing showed up on the checkout. What should I comment out in the cart section to force it to show on the first page of checkout?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 36 98

@HRWill 

Hmm, I'm not too sure on that one as it's a third-party theme and not something we can directly support. I'd recommend reaching out to Out of The Sandbox: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new as they'd be able to provide further insight on your question. Alternatively, you could also start up a new thread to seek the assistance of the community. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I have the same issue, not paypal express on the checkout or cart page and i use the shopify free Debut Theme

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 36 98

@SlayGuru 

I've shipped you an email. If you can reply back there, I can get this looked into. 

0 Likes