Solved

Will my password page be affected when I change my theme?

master12
Visitor
2 0 1

I am currently using the debut theme, but my shop isn't active yet, so when you search it, you'll get to the password page.

I've been thinking about changing my theme before I begin customizing the actual shop, but I'm wondering if my password page will be affected and if I have to customize it again after switching themes.

Regards

master12

Accepted Solutions (2)

hardik355
Shopify Partner
235 22 35

This is an accepted solution.

Hi 

Yes if you change your theme it will affect. because every theme has own password.liquid page but you will customise your password page.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

All the best,

Sams

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
For App Development and Design changes Hire Me.
Thanks

View solution in original post

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @master12

Tira here to help. Thanks @hardik355 for chiming in. I wanted to add some insight as well:

That’s correct, if you switch themes, you would need to customize your password page again for that theme. If you have your password page added, and customers who try to access your store will see your password page. They must enter the password if they wish to see the page, or you can remove the password when you’re ready for customers to see your store. 

If you’re looking to customize the password page, that will need to be done in the theme editor, which is connected to whichever theme you are editing the password page on. For example, if you wanted to continue with using the Debut theme, then you would edit the password.liquid template in your theme’s code to customize it. 

Check out this blog post: Customize Shopify Password Pages With the password.liquid Template for an outline of how you can customize your password page. To edit your theme’s code, you can follow the steps from our help doc here: Password protection for your store - edit the theme code for your password page. If you need to roll-back any changes to a previous date, check out the information on how you can do that here: Roll-back to an older version of your theme.

Congrats on starting your store, I recommend checking out our New to Shopify checklists to ensure you have what you need to set-up and launch your store.

I would love to know if this helps you with what you need to do.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

hardik355
Shopify Partner
235 22 35

Hi 

Yes if you change your theme it will affect. because every theme has own password.liquid page but you will customise your password page.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

All the best,

Sams

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
For App Development and Design changes Hire Me.
Thanks

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @master12

Tira here to help. Thanks @hardik355 for chiming in. I wanted to add some insight as well:

That’s correct, if you switch themes, you would need to customize your password page again for that theme. If you have your password page added, and customers who try to access your store will see your password page. They must enter the password if they wish to see the page, or you can remove the password when you’re ready for customers to see your store. 

If you’re looking to customize the password page, that will need to be done in the theme editor, which is connected to whichever theme you are editing the password page on. For example, if you wanted to continue with using the Debut theme, then you would edit the password.liquid template in your theme’s code to customize it. 

Check out this blog post: Customize Shopify Password Pages With the password.liquid Template for an outline of how you can customize your password page. To edit your theme’s code, you can follow the steps from our help doc here: Password protection for your store - edit the theme code for your password page. If you need to roll-back any changes to a previous date, check out the information on how you can do that here: Roll-back to an older version of your theme.

Congrats on starting your store, I recommend checking out our New to Shopify checklists to ensure you have what you need to set-up and launch your store.

I would love to know if this helps you with what you need to do.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.