Window.top.location.href?

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey, I just got this message. What does it and mean and where can it be found in the theme code. I am using a theme called "prestige".

It looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor. To ensure that your redirect doesn't interfere with the editing experience, replace window.location.href = with window.top.location.href = in your theme's JavaScript 

0 Likes
Highlighted

1. Download this Google Chrome Extension: (you need to use Google Chrome): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/shopify-theme-file-search/mhchmhfecfdpaifljcfebnlaiaphfkmb
2. In your Shopify Admin, go to Online Store > Themes > Edit Code
3. In the new box that appears with the extension (top right corner) search for:

window.location.href 

and then replace it with the code they gave to you. 

However, window.top.location.href is NOT a valid code, so I don't know why they want you to use that.

Remember that if you're not comfortable/familiar with Javascript you need to hire a developer to assist you, messing around with Javascript can lead to unwanted and critical errors on your website.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Needing urgent help? I'm available for hire, same day response guaranteed: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
◦ My app free for limited time: Add a navigation styled like Instagram Stories to your website!
0 Likes