Writing Liquid in the Product Description

maxcamey
3 0 0

Hello! Is there a way to write liquid in the product description?

Or a way to pull values from the product description and I can write the liquid function in the product template? 

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
gina-gregory
Shopify Expert
710 48 175

You cannot write liquid in the product description. It just captures HTML. Some people hack the product description field by adding keywords to the text and using string filters to do different things. It would be helpful to know what you're trying to achieve.

0 Likes
maxcamey
3 0 0

Thank you Gina! Good to know. 

I have created custom line item properties that are name Customization 1, Customization 2, etc.

I have a separate app that is sending webhook payloads with values of those customizations. For example in the app, someone can type in "Name" (or any other value) for customization 1. However, I am unable to change this in Shopify without changing the liquid.

0 Likes
gina-gregory
Shopify Expert
710 48 175

I guess I'm not following what you're trying to do and what it has to do with the product description field.

0 Likes
maxcamey
3 0 0

It wouldn't have to do anything with the product description field anymore. I was originally planning to make the product form in the product description fields but I am unable to write liquid there.

However, maybe there is a way to insert javascript in that field to change what is says.

0 Likes