Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble adding your payment method. This would usually mean that your card is not meeting our requirements. There are a few requirements that you need to be sure about regarding the card that you are using :
- Must be a postpaid credit card (pre-paid cards are not supported)
- Must be a full credit card (credit hybrid cards are not supported)
- Must be a Visa, Mastercard or Amex
- Must be capable of accepting charges in USD
- Must be capable of making online purchases
- Must be capable of accepting recurring billing
- Must have appropriate funds available
- Must enter the billing address and details the same as what their bank has on file
It is totally up to a Credit Card provider to ensure that a credit card is working and we have very little insight into any issues like this. Unfortunately, most declines are generic, so we don’t have much information as to why a charge was specifically declined so in all your bank will have a lot more insight than us.
If you believe you have met these requirements and after you have spoken to your bank and ensured everything was okay then please let me know and I can authenticate you and reset the attempts.
Thank you and we will speak soon!
Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution