Your connection is not private error

mankoastylellc
Visitor
1 0 0

No one is able to access our website on any browser. We keep getting the following error:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.mankoastyle.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

What does this mean, why is it happening, and how do we fix it?
Replies 3 (3)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @mankoastylellc

This is Rae from Shopify. 

Thanks for sharing these details about the error you're receiving on your site. I can understand how this message may be alarming, but what it typically means is that the DNS records on your domain aren't set up properly, or connected to Shopify.

To check if this is the case, I recommend reaching out to your domain provider directly to confirm that the records tied to your domain are correct and match the information outlined here. In particular:

• The A record on your domain should point to: 23.227.38.65
  • The CNAME on your domain should point to: shops.myshopify.com

If these aren't the records attached to your domain currently, your domain provider should be able to help you adjust these records and ensure they're correct moving forward.

Once this is complete, make sure to verify your connection from within your Shopify admin. However, please keep in mind that once the records are changed, it can take up to 48 hours for the domain to connect to Shopify properly. 

Give this is a shot and keep me posted on how it goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

TPDCC
Visitor
1 0 0

Rae,

I am having the same issue that just started occurring 3 days ago.  My domains are hosted on domain.com.  I even paid a technical helper through shopify.com to make the changes on domain.com.  

Help!

Samantha

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @TPDCC

Thanks for reaching out in this thread. 

To confirm, is your domain currently pointing to these records?

• The A record on your domain should point to: 23.227.38.65
  • The CNAME on your domain should point to: shops.myshopify.com

If not, please follow these steps to adjust the records with your domain provider directly. Once these changes have been made, it can take up to 48 hours for the domain to connect to Shopify properly. You can learn more about this here

In the meantime though, can you tell me a bit more about the changes that were made by the person you hired? Did you hire them through the Shopify Experts Marketplace?

Feel free to also reply back to me here with your domain so I can help look into this further from my end. 

Best, 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.