Your connection is not private

Solved
bedscrunchie_ES
1 0 0

Hi Oliver,

Can you help me please?

Has been longer than a week and I still have the same problem.

Here is my store https://bedscrunchie.myshopify.com/

Thanks a lot, 

Let me know if you need some more info.

0 Likes
tommyp
2 0 0

Hello,

When I go to my shopify website it can't be accessible. It says this (below) I have never had this problem before.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information ...

0 Likes
mario_sire
Tourist
7 0 0

I can access to my website only when using a VPN at home or other device away from my WiFi.

Issue ?

0 Likes
keithpickering
Excursionist
12 1 11

Shopify's lack of transparency on this problem is horrifying. Anyone reading this, know your site can randomly go down at any moment and Shopify will tell you it's your fault.

Muhammad7861
1 0 0

Hey i am having the same issue my domain has been up for almost 2 weeks it goes then happens again how do i fix this please

0 Likes
ShampooSteve
4 0 0

My site was working fine for several months, now suddenly I am getting this same error as everyone else on this thread "your connection is not secure".  Only Brave browser gets through to the site, but it is not SSL secured.  Chrome and Firefox block access entirely.  On the phone browsers (chrome, firefox, & iBrowser) it gets to the site but then gives the Not Secure warning at checkout.  

I am using a godaddy domain that has the CNAME and A Name pointed as instructed - as I said it was working fine for months until the last few days.  

I am wondering if it has to do with some sort of conflict with the SSL I have on the godaddy conflicting with the SSL used by shopify. 
When I check the browser SSL for the website it says "NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID". 
When I check the Shopify Online Store Admin "Domains" it shows my domain with "SSL Connected, Pending, Pending" and the Shopify URL as "Connected".

Do I need to revoke the SSL from the domain host?  I don't want to mess with the setup on that without some sort of explanation.  Again, was working fine for months then the last 3 days crapped out. 

Shopify please address this issue, with a solution. 

0 Likes
Azaan
1 0 0

Hi, I am having the same problem when I’m about to “checkout” to cart. Please help me.

0 Likes
ShampooSteve
4 0 0

I posted this problem on several threads without an answer so finally I had to email the 24/7 support desk.  After about 24 and 7 hours I got a reply that they (Shopify) reissued my SSL certificate and things went back to normal.  They also said this error 'usually happens' when a domain name is renewed, or other settings changed.  In my case the domain is good for several more years and is mid-cycle so there was no change at all on my end.  So my best guess is that the Shopify SSL provisioning was the problem.  I'd advise you read up and first verify all your settings are correct and then contact Shopify 24/7 support by chat or by email.  I used email since I didn't want to sit in front of a chatroom waiting.

0 Likes