Your connection is not private

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hello, I have set my domain name from godaddy to my shopify store yesterday and today when I try to visit my website it gets blocked and I get the following error:

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from mywebsite.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

And when I go under my domains I see following:

mywebsite.com
Connected SSL pending
April 8, 2020

GoDaddy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 33 45

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @KeepTheGrind ! 

Thanks for reaching out! This is a pretty common domain error. When visiting a page that is not SSL secured but still using https in the URL, most browsers will view this as a security issue. When you add your custom domain, a new SSL certificate is automatically created. This process can take up to 48 hours. You can learn more about domains and SSL statuses here. If after 48 hours you're still seeing this, let me know and we can take a closer look. 

Warm regards!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Ok, thanks for the answer.

I just checked my website again and it is now back to my old website, not even showing the unsecure connection to my shopify anymore. So Ill wait another 24 hours so it will be 48 in total and see what will show up tomorrow.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hey, ok so its been 48 hours now and I still have the same error, my website is still not accessible. Any chance to help :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 33 45

@KeepTheGrind 

Thanks for reaching back out! I've sent an email to the address you have linked to your Shopify Community account. We'll get you authenticated so I can take a closer look into this for you.

All the best.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

How did you solved that issue. Iam having the same problema

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 33 45

Hi, @don007 !

I'd be happy to help here. Have you just recently connected a new domain to your account? If so, it could just be that the SSL hasn't been provisioned yet. It can take 24-48 hours sometimes. If not, let me know what the domain you're trying to connect is here and we can do some further troubleshooting together. 

Warm regards!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Shopify Team,

I have been running this store for about 8 months and now its showing this 

Your connection is not private.  

Could you help me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello :) 
I am having the same problem. My shop has been live for a few weeks now and working fine. I went into it today and it has the bellow message.

"

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from *website address* (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). 

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

"

I have paid ads running to my site. Please help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Mel_ORegan,

I was lucky enough that I had a few computers to test my site on.  I found out that one of the install chrome apps was causing that "connection is not private" message.  I uninstalled all the apps on chrome and re-installed Google Chrome.  I checked my site.. Everything went back to normal.  I slowly added back my google chrome apps/extensions.  Haven't had a problem since.  Let me know if this helped.

Jae

0 Likes