Your connection is not private

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
289 32 43

Hi, @squadronview !

Glad to see you've gotten to the bottom of this. As you've mentioned, Shopify provides SSL as part of the service and using third party SSL can often cause issues.  In this case, the SSL you had with AWS likely expired and was still blocking Shopify's SSL from connecting. If you have any other questions or need any further assistance, don't hesitate to reach back out to us here or via our support channels!

All the best! 

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
289 32 43

Hi, @chrishavectrl !

This is actually a slightly different issue than what the rest of the thread is experiencing. The most common reason merchants don't get verification emails is because the email that's registered to the domain is associated with the custom domain and is therefore in a suspended state with the domain. Changing the email address associated with the domain (to something that's not associated with the custom domain) tends to go through the verification process and automatically verify the email address once done. Merchants can change it themselves in the admin by heading to:

- Online Store > Domains > Shopify-managed domains
and then click
- Manage next to the domain. There will be the option to
- Edit in the Registrar Information section:

09-29-fdbrr-zf7sg

The verification email will automatically resend after changing the email on file. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

i’m having this same problem except i bought my domain a month ago so this is pretty random

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I am currently going through the same problem and it has been well over 48 hours since creating my domain. I personally haven't had the issue and im aware some of my customers haven't either, but I have gotten some complaints from others who say their connection isn't private when accessing the store. Would appreciate some assistance over the matter. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Oliver,

I am not sure is this because of the same reason? but I cant access https://partner-training.shopify.com/my_courses today. 

is there anything related to my store or just because of the certification expired? how to deal with it? 

thanks

Stevenliu_0-1601546602952.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
289 32 43

Hi, @Stevenliu !

This was actually an issue our developers were aware of that they seem to have fixed up. Are you still experiencing this on your end?

Warm regards!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Oliver, it did happen on the day(01/10/2020) as of the screenshot I posted,
but back to normal the next day. many thanks.

Stevenliu

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

My webstie was created two weeks ago. Now its experiencing this problem today very randomly. any solution to this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi!

I am also having this issue. My site has been live for over a month now, but I am getting the same error message. I have been trying to connect it to my ship manager and it says "403 Forbidden." Could you also help me diagnosis this problem?

Thanks,

Ashley

0 Likes