Your connection is not private

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Mel,

I was lucky enough that I had a few computers to test my site on.  I found out that one of the install chrome apps was causing that "connection is not private" message.  I uninstalled all the apps on chrome and re-installed Google Chrome.  I checked my site.. Everything went back to normal.  I slowly added back my google chrome apps/extensions.  Haven't had a problem since.  Let me know if this helped.

Jae

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi Oliver, 

Is "connection not private" related to an SSL issues? 

Warm regards

Craig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 22 30

Hi, @CraigV !

Yes, exactly. When visiting a page that is not SSL secured but still using https in the URL, most browsers will view this as a security issue. Typically this will go away within 48 hours of properly connecting a new domain but if you're having trouble with it after than period of time has elapsed, let us know what the domain is here and we can take a closer look into this together.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Thanks Oliver, as you said, the problem went away within 48 hours. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Oliver,

Hoping you'll be able to assist. A few weeks ago I password encrypted our password so that I could work on the theme before publishing.

Tonight I've published the theme & am getting a privacy connection error to do with the SSL Certificate? I'm really unsure of how to fix this. I've changed nothing except added products and the site was loading fine for 3 months before this, so I'm quite confused.

The site is oceanxfishing.com

Please let me know if you can help?

0 Likes