Zoho Mail - Sender Policy Framework & DKIM

Solved
Pontus1
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi all, 

Shopify is my domain host and I plan to use Zoho Mail as my email host. 

During set up Zoho asks me to set up SPF and DKIM. 

These seems to be important features and I would like them to be active for my domain fjallbjork.com. 

Should I follow these steps or should I skip them? 

Picture.png

Zoho's instructions:

The SPF record to be added for a domain hosted with Zoho is : 

TXT Name: @ 

TXT Value: v=spf1 include:zoho.eu ~all

Considering my situation, is this the right instruction for me? 

How do I set up SPF and DKIM when Shopify host my domain and Zoho host my email? 

Any help highly appreciated! 

Best,

Pontus 

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
65 1 30

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Pontus1 

You definitely want to do this. I can see that you already have the Shopify SPF record in place for your domain (since Shopify is your domain provider, so they do this automatically), so what you want to do is edit this record to also include Zoho. It currently looks like this:

v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all

You should edit it to be like this:

v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:zoho.eu ~all

A domain can only have one SPF record, which is why you add the various includes etc to one record, rather than creating additional records for each.

Instructions for doing so can be found here:
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/domains/managing-domains/advanced-settings#view-o...

You should also setup DKIM for Zoho, following their instructions to provide you with the necessary records, and Shopify instructions (as above) to add the records.

Let me know if you need any further help!

ChristofferN
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi @Sebastian_Young or anyone else

I have been trying for hours now, would really appreciate some help with this. SPF i managed to fix fine, but all my emails are still going to spam due to no DKIM. 

I am using Zoho and i have bought a domain through Shopify. 

I have made a DKIM selector in the zoho mail app which is zoho._domainkey.seaswitch.se, I got a generated piece of code. 

I opened shopifys DNS settings and added a custom TXT record, i put zoho._domainkey.seaswitch.se under name and the long generated code as the TXT value. I have done exactly what all the guides tells me to do, I have been on every single google page and this is the way to do it but it will not verify. I cannot have all my shops emails go to my customers spam folders, i litteraly CANNOT run a webshop like that. I normally dont write theese things but I really need help. Hope someone can help me out.

Best regards, Christoffer

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
65 1 30

Hi @ChristofferN 

The problem is that you've entered zoho._domainkey.seaswitch.se as the hostname. It should be just zoho._domainkey so can you go ahead and modify this?

Also, you currently have 2 SPF records. This technically makes your SPF invalid.

v=spf1 include:zoho.eu ~all
v=spf1 include:eu.transmail.net ~all

Please delete these and enter a single SPF record as follows. I have also added in the Shopify SPF record for you too, which you'll need when you launch your store.

v=spf1 include:zoho.eu include:eu.transmail.net include:shops.shopify.com ~all

Let me know how you go!

0 Likes
ChristofferN
Tourist
5 0 3

@Sebastian_Young THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes